LB7: Shifting Problem

ray261

Feb 16, 2016
Hi,
I have a 2004 2500HD (LB7) with a Bully Dog installed. Bully Dog was set to "Performance". It has 164,000 miles on it. The only thing I've ever done to the engine is replace the water pump. Recently, it began having problems shifting. If I depress the accelerator about 1/2 inch, it will shift through the first couple of gears. I then have to "fan" (release/depress) the pedal to get it to shift through the remaining gears. Even then, it takes a while to reach 65 mph. Can't get it to go any faster. If I depress the pedal beyond 1/2 or so, it will lose power almost completely. I replaced the pedal position sensor but, it turns out that wasn't the problem. I have set the Bully Dog back to "Stock". The performance did improve some but, it's still having the same basic issues. I've read that when the injectors begin to go bad, they'll send an erroneous signal to the ECU that could cause the problem. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray

57dmax

Feb 21, 2016
Pa
Don't know if it will help, but my 2002 when I bought it they must have had used waste oil in the tank, I ran good fuel but the fuel filter clogged fast. It would do about the same thing. Wouldn't shift right and wouldn't go over 50 or so.