Several Issues..

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
LLY Issues:

First.. Yes the fuel filter has been changed..:DOften after the truck has been sitting overnight etc. and i go to start it .. it starts runs great for about 8seconds.. then immediately dies.:confused: I had a new O-ring put in somewhere in the bleeding system I think under the bleeder pump(been a little while ago). Also when it starts normally it still seems to crank longer than it should. Also noticing a small lope at idle. Like i said i've changed the fuel filter. So im thinking Fuel Rail Pressure Regulator???? Is there a way to check the FPR with my EFI Live... help me out.. Thanks a lot...

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
could be a cracked filter head... or calapsed fuel line i had this problem with my truck and bypassed the stock housing got an airdog 150 and did a on the rail filter setup to replace the stocker...works much better and the baldwin 2microns are alot cheaper than the stock ones :)

john

smininst

Nov 7, 2010
Blaine,

I had the same problem especially when parked with the front end higher than the rear. I didn't have any problems if I parked facing down grade. After tightening the filter more with a filter wrench the problem stopped.

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
Blaine,

I had the same problem especially when parked with the front end higher than the rear. I didn't have any problems if I parked facing down grade. After tightening the filter more with a filter wrench the problem stopped.
Thanks.. did you see any spilled fuel around the filter?

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
I notice that its does it when its parked on a hill with the front higher than the rear. Any more ideas?

Also, if i delete the stock filter what do you do with the hand pump bleeding system? What would you do if you ran out of fuel and didnt have it?

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I notice that its does it when its parked on a hill with the front higher than the rear. Any more ideas?

Also, if i delete the stock filter what do you do with the hand pump bleeding system? What would you do if you ran out of fuel and didnt have it?

If you have an air leak, it could be draining back to the tank when the nose sits higher than the back. As far as deleting the stocker, I wouldn't do it unless you have a lift pump. That way you won't need the hand pump to prime the fuel system and you can remove the whole filter housing and pump.

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
If you have an air leak, it could be draining back to the tank when the nose sits higher than the back. As far as deleting the stocker, I wouldn't do it unless you have a lift pump. That way you won't need the hand pump to prime the fuel system and you can remove the whole filter housing and pump.
Thanks.