Service Trailer Dash Light

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
2016 LML just started throwing the Service Trailer Brake Light On dash.
The only thing is I havnt pulled a trailer yet. Anyways any ideas what I
Should check besides pulling a battery cable. Thanks

Washingtonlmmm

Jul 25, 2018
Ya I’m curious about this too My light comes on everynow and then goes away as soon as truck is off. But my abs light also comes on. Does yours?

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
Ya I’m curious about this too My light comes on everynow and then goes away as soon as truck is off. But my abs light also comes on. Does yours?[/QUOTE

Loose or dirty ground. Look under driver door, on frame. I believe this is an ABS control module ground. Start there.

There will also be codes to pull from the ecm/tcm. If one relates to the abs control module then this is likely the issue. If either rear tail light blinks after locking the doors with remote, and I mean one side will blink for 15 minutes after door locking, then this particular ground is the issue. Can also check resistance from module I believe also there are more grounds than this one for the abs c/m. The back up camera display lines will freeze also.

Whatever you do, if you have tuning, do not change/modify the tune while this issue is present, youre ecm will lock and youll have a no start condition with mismatching ecm and tune vin.

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Ya I’m curious about this too My light comes on everynow and then goes away as soon as truck is off. But my abs light also comes on. Does yours?[/QUOTE

Loose or dirty ground. Look under driver door, on frame. I believe this is an ABS control module ground. Start there.

There will also be codes to pull from the ecm/tcm. If one relates to the abs control module then this is likely the issue. If either rear tail light blinks after locking the doors with remote, and I mean one side will blink for 15 minutes after door locking, then this particular ground is the issue. Can also check resistance from module I believe also there are more grounds than this one for the abs c/m. The back up camera display lines will freeze also.

Whatever you do, if you have tuning, do not change/modify the tune while this issue is present, youre ecm will lock and youll have a no start condition with mismatching ecm and tune vin.
. Thanks