Service brake system

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
04.5 lly ccsb with 208000 on the dash. Driving around town and every once in awhile truck would throw service brake system and shift range inhibit across cluster. Checked and cleaned the grounds under driver door on frame, changed pcm with brand new and programmed, ignition switch, range sensor on trans, both front hubs with abs sensors. What else could I be missing? Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Need a scanner that will read all the modules and pull codes. Probably have some stored ones in the abs module or others

Reactions: 2004LB7

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
Batteries are new. Maybe 8 months old. Will a launch scanner work to get decent codes? I bought one recently just never used it.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
I went down this road recently on my LBZ. Cleaned the ground under the door, batteries tested weak but not terrible. Found some corrosion on the battery terminal bolts and the lug. Point being is that I would check your battery cables. My problem has been gone for about 2 months but come winter time we will see if it returns.

Depends on the Launch scanner. My truck did not show codes even with the SBS message.

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
I will double check them again. I made sure to clean the cable ends when I did the batteries. I will trace them down and clean all the connection points like starter, all grounds, cross over cable this time. One of buddies actually told me he had the same problem with his 03 a few years back and ended up being air bag module under driver seat that was shorting out. Ever heard of that?