LBZ: Service Brake System

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee
Driving on I-95 yesterday, I stopped for an extended break at a rest area. No towing. When I restarted my truck, the "Service Braking System" was displayed in my DIC. Also, the ABS and brake lights were on.

I got my code scanner from my toolbox and plugged it in. It showed no codes for the ABS system. but allowed me to clear all codes and the lights went off and the DIC cleared.

Now every time I crank the truck, this shows up and the lights want to stay on. I can clear the non-existent code(s) from the ABS system and all is good till the next time i crank her up.

My ABS works (I checked them before I left the rest area since it had been raining), my fluid level is good as are the brake pads. I have no known issues with the brakes that i can think of.

Any ideas would be great help.

This is my first post and I don't know if the signature info will show up correctly. So here it is.

Thanks
Chuckie

2007 LBZ CC SB 4x4
EFI Live by Idaho Rob
Ported fuel rails
Air Dog 165
CAI & down tube
4" straight pipe exhaust

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Need a Better scanner so you can watch the abs sensors and stuff. The ebcm could also be causing it. They had a lot of problems with them but they can be repaired with some solder.

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Need a Better scanner so you can watch the abs sensors and stuff. The ebcm could also be causing it. They had a lot of problems with them but they can be repaired with some solder.

Thanks for the reply Rancelot.

My scanner can monitor the ABS. It shows no faults. Once I clear the ghost code, nothing shows up again until i shut the truck down and start it back up. Then go thru the cycle all over again. I drove the truck from FL to VA yesterday. No issues till this stop in NC. I did live monitoring the rest of the trip to VA. l didn't see anything that was a cause for concern.

What have been the issues with the EBCM on the LBZ's? Something specific i can look for?

Thanks again

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
The solder just takes a crap on the mother boards. You can look it up on YouTube it's not a bad job as I had to do it on my 01. A new ebcm is pretty pricey. Or you can send it in to a few places for around 100$ and get it repaired if that is what's going on.

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
The solder just takes a crap on the mother boards. You can look it up on YouTube it's not a bad job as I had to do it on my 01. A new ebcm is pretty pricey. Or you can send it in to a few places for around 100$ and get it repaired if that is what's going on.

The problem is trying to find out if that IS the problem. Like anybody, I'd sure hate to spend the money on a repair if it didn't fix the problem.......

Thanks for the help!