Service 4WD message displaying?

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
08' LMM CC/SB
After programming with EFI Live I noticed the Service 4WD message displaying on the IC.

I haven't been into the Trans but did put a TCM tune to cure the so called lazy shifting in the 6 speeds. I can go back to a stock tune if needed. To me that says I can communicate with the TCM and wouldn't be the TCCM module BUT could this have caused a issue with the TCCM module?

I've heard there is a fuse located under the hood that could possibly be a issue too?

I haven't done any troubleshooting on it as I'm out of town on work right now. Any suggestions where to start looking when I get back to my truck?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Did it only show up while programming? Because mine shows up every time I program it, but after the key-off countdown to reset the computers, it is gone. I think it shows up while programming because EFI tells all the computers to shut down for a bit.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
It's up after the key off step in programming. Still on when it starts up after programming.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Wow......?

My TCM tuning was courtesy of the Duramaxtuner library. I have since went back to a stock tune and I still have the message displaying.

I would still appreciate any help on this topic as I am a "novice" in diesel tech and troubleshooting.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Wow......?

My TCM tuning was courtesy of the Duramaxtuner library. I have since went back to a stock tune and I still have the message displaying.

I would still appreciate any help on this topic as I am a "novice" in diesel tech and troubleshooting.

Then get a Tech 2 and go into the transfercase module and read the code.
Remember you have to clear the code in the T/C module and I don't know if EFI is capable of doing it. Hope you don't read a DIY delivering a baby.:confused:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Why the sarcasm? Thought that's what this place was for. HELP And what's a DIY got anything to do with this? Or a baby?:confused:

Let me ask you this.
Did you know exactly what you were trying to accomplish downloading a library tune? Or, did you down load it because it was there and looked interesting? A lot of you guys learned how to hit the buttons on EFI but never bothered to learn what you were changing or how it would affect other modules. I get these phone calls every day. "My trans worked great till I loaded a TCM tune" Why in the hell would you load someones TCM tune? The knowledgable guys here know exactly what they need to tweek for their high performance trucks. A daley driver and most race trucks need no tweeks if the trans was built right.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I understand that. He's askin for help, not to have it thrown back in his face again. And he stated he put back to stock tune and still had the issues. Which is why I assume he came to u for help. Its not my problem or truck, but with as much as u know about these trucks I was surprised by your response.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Again, I'm just looking for a little guidance in the right direction. Mike, I know you probably have seen these issues time and time again and people who frequent your thread are hands down WAY more knowledgeable than I am on this topic.....as are you. I take your response with a grain of salt because of this.

I payed for a library of tunes because I was told by members it was a solid tuning library and a starting point. I have been researching tuning on the basics of MODIFYING tunes that have already been writing and HAVE a starting point. I claim no knowledge in being able to write a tune from scratch....I'll leave that to the pros who deal with this on a day in and day out basis.

I appreciate you being able to spread your insight and knowledge on these subjects and KNOW you are one of the top builders in the nation....I mean, I wanna ship my 6 speed to you 3000 plus miles away so you can build it cause I know you will build it RIGHT.

That all being said, if you or anyone has input on how to get this message off my dash I would appreciate the info. I have since putting the tune on went back to stock because from what I gather TCM tuning a stock trans can be more of a problem/hassle than leaving it with stock tuning. I understand this now.

Also if you want a DIY on delivering a baby I can write one up for you as I have done it many times. The steps and procedure is pretty straight forward if you have the "tools" Hell you may even be able to use your lift as a delivering table. Thank you.