September '23 Chat --"Jason finds his truck!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Nothing besides the exhaust housing is discolored. Even the "ceramic coating" I sprayed on the cross over where the downpipe is normally hasn't changed color. Don't know what that grey coating is they use on the factory exhaust housing is but it might just be paint and I'd imagine that doesn't hold up well to 1000+deg temps..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sitting here designing a platform to span our stairway upstairs (whilst arguing with the Mrs) so we can continue to remove old ceiling plaster and install new drywall. The framework has to be rigid, but the platform has to tilt up out of the way so the stairs are still usable.

I love my wife, and she has great ideas, but she just doesnt understand the requirements of construction design.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Sitting here designing a platform to span our stairway upstairs (whilst arguing with the Mrs) so we can continue to remove old ceiling plaster and install new drywall. The framework has to be rigid, but the platform has to tilt up out of the way so the stairs are still usable.

I love my wife, and she has great ideas, but she just doesnt understand the requirements of construction design.
My wife is the same Tom. She is always let's do this. I'm like before we do that we have to this and that first. Then she is like why do you always have to make it complicated. I say, do you want it done right or not? I only do construction for a living 😆

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That sounds exactly like our conversation about it this morning. She gets so pissed off when I say, "But....", yet I end up being correct.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ladder isnt safe to put up in that space. To be tall enough to reach ceiling, it cannot open completely. Cannot reach the areas above the steps coming up from the landing from a ladder.

Was going to use scaffold, but even HF wants $250 for a small one. This cost us $30 and our time.

Reactions: 2004LB7

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Well turbo for the valley finally showed up after sitting 100miles away for 3 days. Didn’t really need more air but didn’t want to put stock stuff back in if it was coming apart again.

I thought I was being smart by not removing exhaust housing but am struggling to get the oil drain gasket to stay in place while I slide center section in.

I’ve tried greasing the gasket, making a thicker gasket that’s easier to move with smaller holes for the bolts and threading them into the gasket slightly but once the center section is in place you can’t move the gasket.

Anyone have any suggestions or should I just pull the exhaust housing? Really don’t want to take the uppipes off again.
IMG_2316.jpeg

Last edited:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Trying to live life to its fullest. Lol

Was down in Myrtle for vaca back in the summer. Thought about you and HD Dave.

Still have my ole lmm for now.

Wife and I moved further into the country and rehabbed a house over the last year and half or so. Built a new barn and what not

Reactions: malibu795

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Well turbo for the valley finally showed up after sitting 100miles away for 3 days. Didn’t really need more air but didn’t want to put stock stuff back in if it was coming apart again.

I thought I was being smart by not removing exhaust housing but am struggling to get the oil drain gasket to stay in place while I slide center section in.

I’ve tried greasing the gasket, making a thicker gasket that’s easier to move with smaller holes for the bolts and threading them into the gasket slightly but once the center section is in place you can’t move the gasket.

Anyone have any suggestions or should I just pull the exhaust housing? Really don’t want to take the uppipes off again.
View attachment 118046
This did the trick. Was still a pain in the ass.
IMG_2317.jpeg

Reactions: PureHybrid

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Trying to live life to its fullest. Lol

Was down in Myrtle for vaca back in the summer. Thought about you and HD Dave.

Still have my ole lmm for now.

Wife and I moved further into the country and rehabbed a house over the last year and half or so. Built a new barn and what not

Good old Myrtle Beach, that place has grown all the way to the NC border. This area has exploded over the last 5 years. Dave still lives about a mile from me, he has built one hell of a business here in Wilmington. We still fish together a good bit, but not like the good ole days. Lol.

Reactions: lutzjk913
Status
Not open for further replies.