yry7ybad.jpg
2use4a3a.jpg
a6e9aru6.jpg
u9u8y2a8.jpg
u6ybepeq.jpg

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Also they were made based on the larger ports of the new Wagler Duramax heads. Those guys are teaming up with Banks.
Banks will now be running their heads.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
I saw them in person also, they do look nice. We will be doing testing against our new billet manifolds, hopefully can prove better flow!

I didn't see any ports in the banks manifolds

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Ask MR Banks if he will be running these on his dragster and truck? I doubt it!

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Ask MR Banks if he will be running these on his dragster and truck? I doubt it!

IMO, manifolds are for anything under 500hp.
After that things get too turbulent and choked up. The cylinders should have longer runners to a collector and take that damn 90 out near the rear cylinder. Now we're talking.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Banks infomercial anyone?

Why dont they compare theirs to RickLance's?

Pretty silly not to include a port for an EGT probe.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why is that silly? If the whole idea behind these things is strictly for smooth sailing flow, and area! All that does is create turbulence.

Its silly b/c when/if someone decides to install a gauge (and they will...), they'll have to drill into these to install the probe, just like stockers. Why should a person have to do that with an aftermarket manifold...ESPECIALLY at the prices that Banks will charge for these things, not to mention the guaranteed warranty voidance.
How else are you going to monitor exhaust temps? ESP?

If a person is worried about "turbulance" caused by a simple EGT probe, then they've probably got other issues somewhere else in their build that are causing more of a problem. JMO.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm just sayin if your marketing for max flow numbers why put something in it that will hurt that. It's an aftermarket part, you don't got to drill it out on the truck. Put it on the drill press and tap it out before you install it if you want. You got the option that way. Plus if it had a plug in it it might fall out from being loose, I think I've heard of someone doing that before lol