Selling Cat/DPF?

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Moving to Dallas (Finally)

I know this has been beat to death, but I am finally relocating back to Texas. I know they have no emissions testing, and I am not sure how stringent the visual is. Anyhoo I am not gonna transport my stock exhaust all the way unless I need it. What does the visual inspection consist of?

(looking at you Texans)

Last edited:

m&mjenna

Mar 6, 2017
Hello from Houston. I just had my inspection done just a few months back August I think and I didn't watch them do it but they told me it was just a Safety Inspection and I passed with flying colors. The shop I used is a well trusted shop in my community they have been honest about everything even before I got my truck so I don't think they skipped out on anything just because its technically not required take that for what it is.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Well I'm hoping its lax enough that I don't have to do any exhaust swapping just for a visual inspection...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Just remember, laws can always change. Unless you don't foresee keeping the truck long enough or you are willing to find a replacement later, I would find a way to take it with you

Maybe under the truck :roflmao:

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Just remember, laws can always change. Unless you don't foresee keeping the truck long enough or you are willing to find a replacement later, I would find a way to take it with you

Maybe under the truck :roflmao:

Yeah I am leaning towards it more... total pain in the rear. But the under the truck would be interesting, a true dual exhaust!:D