Scar 17 (Scar Heavy)

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Preppers discount :)

That's a sweet site! I'm going to get my class 3 stamp so I can get a federally legal one, but in the meantime, Idaho has some cool laws as far as firearms go so I can be legal state wise with a made in Idaho or home made one. :thumb:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I only shoot nice rounds through mine, just because I hate cleaning. I like killing way more than plinking, tinkering, or cleaning.

I really want to buy a .338 lapua that's here at my local shop, but $5 a round for average ammo is a little too rich for my blood.

My next build is going to be old school 30.06, but with new school technology. I have a sweet round made up using the Superformance Hornady powder. I can shoot 168 grains close to the same velocity and trajectory as I've been shooting my 150 grains. :thumb:
I also agree. I like brass way better than dirty steel rounds. My other ar doesnt like to shoot steel then switch to brass. It will cycle both but the steel makes for a dirty gun.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Anybody know much about the 6.5 grendel? Looking at getting another ar built, and this round really intrigues me. I may just buy this upper and use it on my last build.

To give reference. .223 55 grain knockdown @ 500 yards is 310 ftlbs, the 6.5 Grendel in a 123 grain @ 500 yards is 880 ftlbs. It's a pretty sweet round for longer ranges.

Not really comparing apples to apples, but just cool to use the same lower.

Last edited:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Just bought another 30-06. It's the savage 116 fcss. I was torn between the Nightforce SHV or The Vortex Viper.

I ended up going with the Vortex HSLR 4-16x50mm. It only has 1/2 MOA corrections, but to put that into perspective, that's 5" at 1000 yards vs 2.5" using 1/4 MOA. I will not be taking shots over 800 yards with this rifle, so the scope should work perfect, If not, I won't be out much since I bought this from a friend at wholesale.

I went with the second focal plane since I like a thinner reticle, and only use my moa corrections on my reticle infrequently.

I still might grab a Nightforce since I plan on getting a 6.5 grendel upper for my AR 15, then I can switch scopes around to fit my needs.

I finished my 5.56/.223 build. It turned out great, and is easy on the ears......:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Just bought another 30-06. It's the savage 116 fcss. I was torn between the Nightforce SHV or The Vortex Viper.

I ended up going with the Vortex HSLR 4-16x50mm. It only has 1/2 MOA corrections, but to put that into perspective, that's 5" at 1000 yards vs 2.5" using 1/4 MOA. I will not be taking shots over 800 yards with this rifle, so the scope should work perfect, If not, I won't be out much since I bought this from a friend at wholesale.

I went with the second focal plane since I like a thinner reticle, and only use my moa corrections on my reticle infrequently.

I still might grab a Nightforce since I plan on getting a 6.5 grendel upper for my AR 15, then I can switch scopes around to fit my needs.

I finished my 5.56/.223 build. It turned out great, and is easy on the ears......:D

Nice what are the specs on your build?

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Anderson lower, Head down quad rail, Alexander arms upper and 16" barrel, Timney 2.5 lb trigger, soft cheek adjustable magpul stock, Magpul (baby hands:)) grip, CPS grippod fore grip/bipod, rail master crimson trace, vortex rail mount and vortex viper pst 2.5-10x44, and some other only legal in Idaho "accessories".:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Anderson lower, Head down quad rail, Alexander arms upper and 16" barrel, Timney 2.5 lb trigger, soft cheek adjustable magpul stock, Magpul (baby hands:)) grip, CPS grippod fore grip/bipod, rail master crimson trace, vortex rail mount and vortex viper pst 2.5-10x44, and some other only legal in Idaho "accessories".:thumb:

Post a pic if you don't mind... Im a fan of the Black guns:thumb:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I don't have on my other thread protector, but this gives you a good idea of what my build consists of.

MoteC

Dec 26, 2014
Glendale AZ
Scar H

Here is some pictures of my scar h and also my lwrc ar.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 22