Salt Neutralizers

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Does anyone use salt neutralizers? If you do, which brand have you had the most success with. I am thinking about doing that once winter is over and then i am going to do some under coating. Any imput would be appreciated!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You'd would think that there would be a big demand for this stuff. I know here in the North East truckers are pissed off with the change over to all salt on state and city roads as it's corroding the hell out of their trucks. There is complaints about brakes to frame body corrosion!

I for one would cringe at the thought of driving my truck in the winter exposing it to these elements. The waxy under coating GM uses is crap. Once it flakes off it exposes the bear metal which rust instantly!

I thought there was type of natural de-icer stuff made out of Beet Juice and other non corrosive ingredients or something? Nonetheless this calcium chloride shit is nasty!

I don't even think Powder Coating stands up to it for long.

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
There are a few different companies that make this stuff and I was having a hard time trying to decide what to get. Some range from very chemical to mostly natural. As for winter preventative try Fluid Film. You can buy it by the 5 gallon pail, spray it all over your entire truck and it acts as a protectant film. Fairly safe for environment. Basically it is a thin oil that fills in the pores and scratches in you vehicles body and frame. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone on here had a good experience with a certain company.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
i didnt drive my truck this winter for that reason plus the twin install still not done

Being a CT resident as I then you know all about the Salt issue here in the North East. Although my Jeep isn't in the best of condition body wise,this winter has taken a few years off it's life no doubt.

Other friends of mine that have older vehicles with 'some' rust have massively increased the rust through on body panels. Any vehicles with a little rust spot has deteriorated 10/fold!

So this calcium chloride stuff when it gets to a all ready rusty vehicle just eats it up big time!

IT SUCKS! I hope I don't have to EVER drive my truck in this shit!

Last edited:

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I wash my truck alot too, but is still leaves a thick residue on the metal parts. I can see it really good on my plow. The biggest reason I would like to get it all off is so I can do an undercoating spray under the truck. Cleaner it is the better it will last.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i havent had been to have my dmax out but my 3500 8.1 and the rockers have holes in em and its a 2002 just from all the plowing and salt its horrid but its a work truck ill wash it down real well and spray foam the rockers

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i dunno but this is horrable the alum on my harley looks like ass jsut from hitting puddles on the raods from the left over salt im so pissed about it now to send t the bike to the detail shop and then when i get it back to replace the shit i cant get cleaned up