Saiga 12 & romanian ak-47

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Just got them today, Anyone here have any experience with either of these??

SAIGA12-AK-47-1.jpg

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have a Siaga 7.62X39 ( AK47 ) And a Siaga .308 , I love both guns , they have been dead reliable and the cost was great I recomend them to others all the time . I was actually getting ready to sell them if you or anyone else knows some one interested ?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have a Siaga 7.62X39 ( AK47 ) And a Siaga .308 , I love both guns , they have been dead reliable and the cost was great I recomend them to others all the time . I was actually getting ready to sell them if you or anyone else knows some one interested ?

Hmm, I think my wife might just use one on me if I come home with another gun this year:D Maybe in a couple weeks if you still have them though:thumb::D

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Hmm, I think my wife might just use one on me if I come home with another gun this year:D Maybe in a couple weeks if you still have them though:thumb::D

You too huh? She must have a list of them because I know she could never keep track. You wouldn't belive the storries I have made up lately.....she knows they are BS and thinks I am obsessed.....but no matter where we go she is never scared as long as she is with me:D

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
I dont have much expierence with the either of those but i do shoot an SKS 7.62x39 and 308 AR's and love them both for what they are.

Last edited:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well I shot them both today for the first time.. The 12g was pretty cool but very tempramental when it came to the clips. 1 out of 4 clips would fire 10 rounds as fast as you could pull the trigger:rolleyes: But the gun shot very good with that one clip:rolleyes::thumb: The AK really surprised me how well it shot, It did not matter what type of shell went through the 6 clips, it shot flawlessly:thumb::D All in all I like both of them, Don't get me wrong I would not trade my AR's or my other american semi auto 12g's for them, but I dont regret buying them either:thumb:

John Wayne

Sep 15, 2009
South TX
my saiga 12 will not shoot winchester universals. any other shell is fine though. make sure you have the gas setting correct for the type of shell though.
i have 2 10 shot clips and 1 12 shot

fyi dont try and shoot 12 slugs as fast as you can. your shoulder wont like you i promise.

it makes for one hell of a hog hunting gun

Last edited:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
my saiga 12 will not shoot winchester universals. any other shell is fine though. make sure you have the gas setting correct for the type of shell though.
i have 2 10 shot clips and 1 12 shot

fyi dont try and shoot 12 slugs as fast as you can. your shoulder wont like you i promise.

it makes for one hell of a hog hunting gun

I was shooting 2 3/4 Remington Heavy loads today, The shells went through the gun fine, but the different clips I got seemed to make the differance. I only bought this gun as a tactical / home defense toy, so firing off aimless rounds from hip as fast as I can pull the trigger is half the fun:D I have the old remington 1100 under the bed when I need reliability;)

John Wayne

Sep 15, 2009
South TX
ok i got ya.

mine works pretty well for bird huntin also, but would be a lot better if i bought the adjustable choke. prolly never gonna happen since im waitin on my muzzle brake to get here.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
My buddy has one that is all sorts or tricked out. The only thing is that he has to shoot a number 5 shot or bigger for it to shoot.

Why:confused: I went on a saiga forum today and seen some bad a$$ 12g's;) Also found out the 20 round drum is illegal in N.Y.:rolleyes::screwy::damnit:

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
I've been thinking about getting an AK or building another AR. I'm not sure which AK I want but it will likely be one of the cheaper ones like a Romanian WASR or a Yugo M70. I just want to try them out and see if I like them before spending more money on one. You really can't beat the price of 7.62x39 compared to .223 or 5.56. I had even thought about getting an AK-74, because 5.45 is super cheap but you can't go to the local gun shop or Wally World and buy rounds.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I've been thinking about getting an AK or building another AR. I'm not sure which AK I want but it will likely be one of the cheaper ones like a Romanian WASR or a Yugo M70. I just want to try them out and see if I like them before spending more money on one. You really can't beat the price of 7.62x39 compared to .223 or 5.56. I had even thought about getting an AK-74, because 5.45 is super cheap but you can't go to the local gun shop or Wally World and buy rounds.

Put about 500 rounds through the AK today and it shot awesome:thumb: It actually shot more consistently then the AR today, but I believe it's more of a clip problem with the AR then anything else. I also figured out the Saiga 12 does not like winchester (light) trap loads, It binded up almost every shot:mad: When I switched back over to the heavy loads it shot 10 times better, not 100% but close. I need to get some 3" heavy loads and see if they do better then the 2 3/4's..