LML s400/stock question

jckendr1

Feb 8, 2017
I have a 2011 dirtymax with just a mini maxx tune and dpf delete. everything else is still stock. its my daily driver and I pull a 30ft camper with it on weekends during the winter months...so basically it has no load behind it 98% of the year and I drive like grandpa ( never sees more than 2k rpm). If I put a compound turbo kit on there and ran my tune at the lowest setting wouldn't this make the truck still safe to drive power wise while making it a little more fuel efficient? I guess in my mind you would be getting more power from air rather than dumping a SL of fuel to it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What's a dirtymax? We don't have those here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
That's similar to what I built. Only real advantage is lower egt's while towing since you aren't looking for more power

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What's a dirtymax? We don't have those here

I think it's a special edition Duramax made for teenagers and flat billers. I'm just guessing though, I don't speak "Diesel gangsta"......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jckendr1

Feb 8, 2017
Lol well in my neck of the woods we don't have gangsters or flat bills and unless 31 is the new 17 I'm far from teenage :roflmao: but back to the topic at hand...I was just curious about a stock truck with a compound set up for lower egt's and possibly some better mileage. Just wondering what everyone else's opinion was.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Lol well in my neck of the woods we don't have gangsters or flat bills and unless 31 is the new 17 I'm far from teenage :roflmao: but back to the topic at hand...I was just curious about a stock truck with a compound set up for lower egt's and possibly some better mileage. Just wondering what everyone else's opinion was.

Provided the tuning is setup correctly, yes, compound twins will improve almost every aspect of your trucks towing ability. I have a customer with an S475 over stock twin setup on an otherwise stock truck and he loves it. Says in his opinion there is absolutely no negative that he has seen, only improvements.

I'm not saying your H&S tuning is bad, (even though its junk) but whatever tuning your running, it will need to be changed to run a compound twin setup.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Start with an efi tune if you still want more then go with compounds and you'll already be set up to adjust the tune.

jckendr1

Feb 8, 2017
Yeah I've heard the efi is the way to go. Will probably make that switch soon. Thanks for the advice.