S400 series over 4094 suggestions

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Looking for suggestions on running a BW S400 series setup over my 4094. I have Rick's shorty bridge and looking to see if anyone has run his bridge with any other brand piping (WC Fab, etc..) with luck? I emailed WC Fab and didn't get any reply. I also plan on doing a 10mm pump with 100 overs to tie in with it eventually. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Something in the S483-S485 seem to work well with the VGT turbos. The Stainless diesel S485 5 blade is supposed to be a great combo.

Who ever you buy your compound kit from is probably going to want you to run there Y-bridge set up. With that being said, I have a used WCFab LBZ/LMM y-bridge from a compound kit. I put the kit on a LB7 so I had to buy a different Y-bridge.

Reactions: diesel-max

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Something in the S483-S485 seem to work well with the VGT turbos. The Stainless diesel S485 5 blade is supposed to be a great combo.

Who ever you buy your compound kit from is probably going to want you to run there Y-bridge set up. With that being said, I have a used WCFab LBZ/LMM y-bridge from a compound kit. I put the kit on a LB7 so I had to buy a different Y-bridge.
I didn't know if anyone knew of any clearance issues running Rick's bridge with other brand piping. I'll keep that in mind when I pull the trigger on the project. Who would you recommend buying a kit through? I know there are several vendors, just curious who you've used in the past. Did you buy from WC Fab? Thanks.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I didn't know if anyone knew of any clearance issues running Rick's bridge with other brand piping. I'll keep that in mind when I pull the trigger on the project. Who would you recommend buying a kit through? I know there are several vendors, just curious who you've used in the past. Did you buy from WC Fab? Thanks.

I don't think you can go wrong with WCFAB, HSP or SDP, all great company's and quality parts. I've personally used WCFAB and HSP and have zero complaints with either.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
When do you plan on a transmission and converter , after or before the 800 hp hits it ? My vote would be before , but some guys like to see how far they can go though . Good luck .
I have a built trans with triple disc TC in it, did it last year..

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
^^^ This. That’s way more air and fuel than you need. But the 68-85 is a nice setup. Wolflly is running that same animal. As far as plumbing kits, HSP, SDP, and Wherli are at the top.
I was looking at replacement pistons, but for the life of me don't understand the sizing, i.e.. Mahle Cast Performance Pistons 16.8 CR, No pockets, stock replacement, STD 4.055 compared to 16.5 CR w/0.075" pockets, STD 4.055. I'm assuming any additional sizes listed like 4.075 would be a 20 over bored out size? I've never got into the guts of the engine before. Not to mention what type of connecting rods/sizes I'd need for a build. Anything else? Studs, etc?? Sounds a little above my knowledge base, lol

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Standard dmax bore is 4.055". So 4.075 is .020" (read twenty thousanths) overbore and so on. Valve reliefs(pockets) are machined out spaces for each valve to make clearance for a larger camshaft.

You will want mahle motorsports pistons, not OE replacement. Up to you whether to do cast or forged.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Standard dmax bore is 4.055". So 4.075 is .020" (read twenty thousanths) overbore and so on. Valve reliefs(pockets) are machined out spaces for each valve to make clearance for a larger camshaft.

You will want mahle motorsports pistons, not OE replacement. Up to you whether to do cast or forged.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the explanation