running the dsp 2 switch

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
Hey guys, just got efi live and my dsp2 switch yesterday, and I'm wondering what's the best way to run the wire into the engine compartment. Is there a factory made hole that would be ideal for running it through or would it be best to drill a hole in the firewall and do it that way?

Thanks a lot guys
Michael

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
there are 2 places i run my wires into the cab. one is just to the top right (looking at truck from the front) of the turbo on the firewall. should be a cutout already in the insulation. the other is to the right of the brake booster on the firewall. you have to peel back the insulation (i think) but there is a spot for the clutch master and already has a dimple to act as a guide. ill post some pics in a min

Last edited:

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
its alright i got it figured out now im just trying to figure out which way on the dsp2 switch is the off position and which ways the on position.... any help with that one? should the switch point to the black wire or the blue wire?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
there really isnt a on/off so to speak. it depends how the tune is setup. most run a small tune to the right and the big tune to the left.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
oh well i had nick build my daily driver tune and he said that was in the off position and the smoke tune was in the on position then. is there anyway to tell which one is running using the scan feature?

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
so I took the truck for a drive and I was flipping the switch back and forth and they act the same way so I am thinking that for some reason maybe its not switching and its stuck on the daily driver tune. What could cause this? maybethe ground wire isn't in there good enough? Could that cause it?

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
If he gave you a smoke tune it will SMOKE. Sounds like it's not changing from Day tune if no smoke. Just sayin' other guys love his smoke tune for certain events.