Rudy's Diesel Day Spring 2014 - March 15th - Julian, NC - Piedmont Dragway

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I think that those who want to see the event grow should offer their assistance to Aaron. He is a great guy, very appreciative of the support so far, amd wants to make it better each time. Events take volunteers who know what they are doing. Plain and simple.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I think that those who want to see the event grow should offer their assistance to Aaron. He is a great guy, very appreciative of the support so far, amd wants to make it better each time. Events take volunteers who know what they are doing. Plain and simple.

I appreciate your view but events take paid staff to make things work. a game plan has to be in place. the turn out definitely surprised them. past events showed this was going to be big. the real issue isn't the crowd. with decent people there would have been no trouble, but for some reason the sport we love has become a magnet for douches, drunks and dumb asses. we will never go there again...

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Can't comment on how previous years were as this was my first year but man what a redneck shit show that turned out to be :eek: Had to chase kids away from truck smokin pot and nearly killed another who decided to do donuts and sling rock and dirt everywhere! Can't say ill be going to that event at that location again.. Hopefully it'll be moved somewhere bigger and better supervised...

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio

Please give me info to get ahold of this guy I will help in any way to not have Rudy's show never be like this again

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I had a great time. Once it started to get late all the childish a$$holes came out in full force though. I love this sport but there are so many immature idiots that that it ruins the big events. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw people doing.

It's not just big events. I only make a handful of pulls each year now and don't even like taking my kids to them. At my local pull I was embarrassed to own a diesel truck. Longhorn was out in full douchebag force.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I appreciate your view but events take paid staff to make things work. a game plan has to be in place. the turn out definitely surprised them. past events showed this was going to be big. the real issue isn't the crowd. with decent people there would have been no trouble, but for some reason the sport we love has become a magnet for douches, drunks and dumb asses. we will never go there again...

Hate to see y'all say that I spoke with Jeff last week about my motor and we were talking about y'all coming and I was glad to see y'all. sad to hear y'all won't be back

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
Can't comment on how previous years were as this was my first year but man what a redneck shit show that turned out to be :eek: Had to chase kids away from truck smokin pot and nearly killed another who decided to do donuts and sling rock and dirt everywhere! Can't say ill be going to that event at that location again.. Hopefully it'll be moved somewhere bigger and better supervised...

That doesn't surprise me it was a very young age group sadly

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I know its a huge undertaking but I sure would like to see you guys get the event in Creswell going again. Much smaller crowd, but I didn't mind taking my children there.

KTOG

May 2, 2013
Typical growing pains and big event drama. Way under staffed, to small of a venue and drunk jackasses. It'll will get better.

:Ditto:
We had a good time but the lack of staff was crazy in the sled pull pit area. Way to many drunk jackass

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
It's not just big events. I only make a handful of pulls each year now and don't even like taking my kids to them. At my local pull I was embarrassed to own a diesel truck. Longhorn was out in full douchebag force.

Same way I feel. I have a 7 year old nephew in would love to take to events but not with all the idiots around. Big or small events suck around here anymore.

Another reason I like drag racing. My local track is full of great people to be around and not much drinking goes on. Ia not against alcohol, but some people take it way too far and need to grow the hell up.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Please don't give up on Lee and Aaron just yet. Give them a chance to fix the problems. I've raced at the last four or five events they've had and this time was a cluster. One of the reasons I go is to see Buck's truck make a pass or two. I always take my grandson and my daughter races also, but the amount of drunks and just plain old idiots may keep them home next time. I'm sure they'll get some more help for the next one, I think they got overwhelmed this time.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
if they could segragate competitor's spots from spectators would help and just letting any ass drive around where ever they please really was a pia, it was quite complicated trying to get to the staging lanes and traffic jam on the return road was interesting, it was clear this one was way larger than expected, we will go again, even though we had to fight everytime to get parked by the trailer between runs highlight off the night guy backs out of his space burnout up the parking lot right past the unmarked cop car, open containers in the truck I am sure they had a wonderful rest of the evening

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Thats the very reason I dont go to any events. Too many hooligans who equate diesels with "yeehaw, lets get drunk and party!"

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rudy's race

It was total out of control!! I talked to Rudy and had a good time, BUT there needs to be different parking for spectators and racers/pullers. They also need to stop the atv/sxs minibike riding for no reason. I'm still is disbelief that no one was run over and hurt bad. I did see a 4wheeler hit a car and almost a big fight. We had a good time and like to support any event we can but things need to change with this one. These young kids thinking its a drunk fest has to end. I'm SO GLAD I didn't take the family!!!! I would have had to leave before someone would have got shot! There was too many to fight and I damn sure would have feared for my life. If things change I will come back but it has to change and in a VERY BIG WAY.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
It was total out of control!! I talked to Rudy and had a good time, BUT there needs to be different parking for spectators and racers/pullers. They also need to stop the atv/sxs minibike riding for no reason. I'm still is disbelief that no one was run over and hurt bad. I did see a 4wheeler hit a car and almost a big fight. We had a good time and like to support any event we can but things need to change with this one. These young kids thinking its a drunk fest has to end. I'm SO GLAD I didn't take the family!!!! I would have had to leave before someone would have got shot! There was too many to fight and I damn sure would have feared for my life. If things change I will come back but it has to change and in a VERY BIG WAY.

I agree. We were saying the same thing about the atv's. People just aimlessly driving around blocking the pit areas.they definitely need to sepperate spectators and participants..zmax is a lot bigger with more staff to deal with people.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I agree. We were saying the same thing about the atv's. People just aimlessly driving around blocking the pit areas.they definitely need to sepperate spectators and participants..zmax is a lot bigger with more staff to deal with people.

All of it was horrible but I agree no damn atv and side by sides unless used to tow it was beyond rediculous

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

Our event, Truckfest, which last attracted approximately the same total attendance as this event-7,000 people, is run primarily by our family and friends....unpaid. The difference is that EVERYONE involved in our event has the goal of being able to come back the following year. It's an annual, local, family- oriented event. Have we had unruly people we've had to kick out - yes. Have we had resulting DUI's and under-age drinking problems- yes. Property damage - yes. But we usually handle it all ourselves - a large group of primarily 18-35 year old young adults who want to share their love of the event with everyone, safely.

Everyone really should have a "Police yourselves and others" mentality. We've all said it before. I did see some examples of it at Rudy's, and at the forefront of it was David Browning. The Pulls stopped for a solid 15 minutes in the middle of a class because people wouldn't move for the Announcer, for the track staff, or even for Aaron and the Sheriffs. It took a GROUP of competitors and spectator persuasion to move those people. I saw a few older spectators carry a young stranger back to his trailer because he threw his back out doing god-knows-what.

Yes, absolutely it needs more organization, event staff and flow planning, and contingency plans in the future, but if the attitude of "we are here to compete and do it safely - no BS" was conveyed to the participants by more people than just the announcers, I think the entire Vibe of the event would've been different.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Probably one of the biggest problems is it's the first event of the year and poeple want to blow off a little steam after a long winter. Not totally sure why the SE has some many dumb asses who think it's ok to act this way. It's too bad, looks like it could be a great event. Once an event gets the, "hell raising party tag" it seems like it gets really bad. I know Dennis has had the same problems, but to my knowledge has it way more under control now. I have never seen anything like this at an NHRDA event. One suggestion might be to ban drinking at the venue, anyone found drinking would be ejected. That would take a lot of people to enforce for sure. Talk to the local enforcement agency about suggestions if it hasn't already been done.

It's crap like this that is going to kill our sport if we don't stop it.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Our event, Truckfest, which last attracted approximately the same total attendance as this event-7,000 people, is run primarily by our family and friends....unpaid. The difference is that EVERYONE involved in our event has the goal of being able to come back the following year. It's an annual, local, family- oriented event. Have we had unruly people we've had to kick out - yes. Have we had resulting DUI's and under-age drinking problems- yes. Property damage - yes. But we usually handle it all ourselves - a large group of primarily 18-35 year old young adults who want to share their love of the event with everyone, safely.

Everyone really should have a "Police yourselves and others" mentality. We've all said it before. I did see some examples of it at Rudy's, and at the forefront of it was David Browning. The Pulls stopped for a solid 15 minutes in the middle of a class because people wouldn't move for the Announcer, for the track staff, or even for Aaron and the Sheriffs. It took a GROUP of competitors and spectator persuasion to move those people. I saw a few older spectators carry a young stranger back to his trailer because he threw his back out doing god-knows-what.

Yes, absolutely it needs more organization, event staff and flow planning, and contingency plans in the future, but if the attitude of "we are here to compete and do it safely - no BS" was conveyed to the participants by more people than just the announcers, I think the entire Vibe of the event would've been different.
I guess I need to back step a bit, a group of 35 or so working together would get the job done. sounds like you guys have a great event . Hope it continues to grow and be successful. Most big events don't get that luxury of volunteers, and to be honest with the money being taken in don't need them. If this type of thing continues the racers/pullers wont be back, then the rest can just have a drunk fest.