Rod bolt torque

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
I’m doing deep hole directional drilling in the Marcellus and Utica, 15,000-25,000’ wells like I’ve always done just be on the less BS end of it. Working on a drilling rig ain’t what it was 5 years ago, and my back definitely isn’t what it was 5 years ago, recently found out I’ve got 4 herniated disks and it’s getting worse fast.

Sorry to hear about the disks. I herniated my L5 S1 years ago and still not 100%. Id recommend holding out on surgery as long as possible. Try a cortisone shot first.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Fifteen years ago I spent $400,000 on drilling three wells on my property , I thought that was big time to go to the second elk sand at 3282 , but like you said 25.000 ft then going horizontal , that is so cool ! For $400,000 now you probably cant even get one of those gigantic sites built to start to drill ! Good luck wilt your job and with your build , a lot of people cant imagine the stress of your job !

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Fifteen years ago I spent $400,000 on drilling three wells on my property , I thought that was big time to go to the second elk sand at 3282 , but like you said 25.000 ft then going horizontal , that is so cool ! For $400,000 now you probably cant even get one of those gigantic sites built to start to drill ! Good luck wilt your job and with your build , a lot of people cant imagine the stress of your job !

Eclipse has went 31,000 on the pa/oh border, which is a total of 21,000 lateral footage, they’re calling them super laterals, it’s nuts what they’re doing now, I remember in 2010 when a 4,000’ lateral was a big feat. Still some big gas in those elk sands, I drilled out surface section to TD in the berea at 2300’ and had a 50’ flare with no air on the hole took 28 hours to kill it.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Sorry to hear about the disks. I herniated my L5 S1 years ago and still not 100%. Id recommend holding out on surgery as long as possible. Try a cortisone shot first.

I can’t do shit until I have insurance again, but surgery is the last thing I’ll do, I have two that are minor and my L2 and L5 stick out farther than the vertebrae, that what that grab er and growl mantality gets me though.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
People do not know how tough that job is until they do it ! I worked on a drilling rig and frac rig doing shallow wells for three years to get an in depth knowledge of the process prior to spending that sort of money ! But believe me thats all the longer I wanted to do that much dangerous , deadly work ! Frac jobs in 20* to 30*half frozen frac fluid falling 50 ft on your head , soaked to the bone , it is tough ! I am glad your inside the rig now !