Robs tunes

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
All though I have gotten 24+ I don't claim that. When asked what my truck gets I give every day achievable cold hard truth. 18 hwy, 16 towing a light boat and a miserable 12.5 towing 10k lol.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
When I first owned the 07 classic I have now it would get an honest 20+mpg with the big tune as long as you didn't get on it. It would get about 12 towing my travel trailer. After I bought it back and it has the 6" lift along with weighing close to 1000 lbs more I get about 17.5 on the highway and 15 around town on the small tune. Still in the 11mpg range towing.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
So I was told by a guy with a lmm that he gets 24mpg towing a 24ft enclosed trailer loaded. Has robs basic tunes and a exhaust. Is he full of crap or?

Towing, 24mpg......the guy's full of crap. But Rob's tunes are very good. In Jan. 08 Nathan installed a 475 kit, Rob did EFI with a DSP5. Engine was stock with exhaust. Driving back from Boise on #3 tune the DIC said 22mpg.....hand calculated was 21.7mpg. Another trip of mostly 70mph highway with a few full throttle stomps, switchback mountain driving, all at altitude.......after about 550 miles (53gal. tank) hand calculated was right at 22mpg. Towing wouldn't be anywhere near that, no way.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I use to get 20mpg in my truck all stock cruising 65 on the 37s. Any wind or hills and it dropped. Towing with the twins I could get better, somewhere around 12ish. With the 45% over injectors, it's been a long fight to get mileage back up. Highway best I get is 17 unloaded, with the trailer I average 10, sometimes 11. I can't bitch though, it's better than what I see a lot of other guys get and I'm pushing more hp

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
When I make a run to the states, I fill my bed tank 105 gallons and the factory tank 26 gallons. 2418 miles later Im filling back up in Helena Mt. 18.4 mpg. lots of mt driving 80+ mph, slow driving, dodging buffalo and bears:D Average is 18 on a 600ish race tune that Reece and I cobbled together:thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Really depends on the altitude and altitude changes, I get 9mpg going to work but I'm going 80mph from 3000 elevation to 6000 in less then 15 miles

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Best i have ever gotten with Rob's tunes was 20mpg on stock turbo and trans. That was me literally driving like a grandma. Not sure what kind of fuel mileage i can squeeze now with the setup i have now

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
When I make a run to the states, I fill my bed tank 105 gallons and the factory tank 26 gallons. 2418 miles later Im filling back up in Helena Mt. 18.4 mpg. lots of mt driving 80+ mph, slow driving, dodging buffalo and bears:D Average is 18 on a 600ish race tune that Reece and I cobbled together:thumb:

Thought you were moving back to Idaho, whatever happened to that first twin set up that Nathan built for me and you ended up with?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thought you were moving back to Idaho, whatever happened to that first twin set up that Nathan built for me and you ended up with?

Hope to get moved back this summer...Kids hospital bills kinda slowed the trip home. Should have everything paid off by spring then adios motha Fers:D

Twins are still on my truck. There as good as they ever were, just bigger:thumb:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
When my LMM was new, it set a record pulling a 40ft 14,000 pound boat. I got 120 miles on 21 gallons.

Last edited:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Hope to get moved back this summer...Kids hospital bills kinda slowed the trip home. Should have everything paid off by spring then adios motha Fers:D

Twins are still on my truck. There as good as they ever were, just bigger:thumb:

What part of Idaho? I'm in Blackfoot. If I ever get healed and if you ever get that timbersled, we'll need to go play. If all goes well, I'll be back in the saddle by this time next year. I've got alot of tips and tricks with the snowbikes too, so don't be afraid to hit me up if you purchase one!

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
best i got on my black lbz was a bit over 21mpg on the race engine and big twins. New engine and tow twins are about 19mpg and between 12-14mpg towing my race truck around.

Although i got 62.2 mpg going up to McCall from Boise and back a few weeks ago.....

in the cruze :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
What part of Idaho? I'm in Blackfoot. If I ever get healed and if you ever get that timbersled, we'll need to go play. If all goes well, I'll be back in the saddle by this time next year. I've got alot of tips and tricks with the snowbikes too, so don't be afraid to hit me up if you purchase one!

I will probably go back to Boise. I have friends and family all over Idaho, I grew up in Salmon and the wife is from Rexburg. I need to come visit Blackfoot anyway and stomp someone's azz that sold me track off of Snowest awhile back:D I will hit you up when I get into town.

I plan on building a snow bike for sure. Still messing with sleds for now, 2012 Proclimb 925 with a turbo. Need to get everything put together and some friggin snow would be nice:mad:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Like most everyone says, he is most likely not calculating correctly. Average we hear about is that 19/20mpg empty. I do have a local customer with an LBZ that has been getting 24mpg average for years on the highway but that is a freak truck. I told him I want first dibs on it if he ever sells it.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Like most everyone says, he is most likely not calculating correctly. Average we hear about is that 19/20mpg empty. I do have a local customer with an LBZ that has been getting 24mpg average for years on the highway but that is a freak truck. I told him I want first dibs on it if he ever sells it.
24 can be had but you'll have no fun driving like that lol.