Roadtrip MA-SC

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Taking a roadtrip this week. Leaving Mass around 5am on Saturday and headed to Myrtle Beach SC for a little R&R. Never driven this far but I figure it'll be an adventure getting there haha. Hoping to Be down to SC by 8pm with stops for fuel and food. Trip home will be split up a bit. Leaving SC on Thursday and we don't have a room booked until Friday in Washington DC. Any suggestions on where to stay between Myrtle and DC?? Or even better any local tracks that do T&T on that Thurs night????

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
One in upstate sc 7 bucks bring helmet 1/8 and sorry about myrtle beach don't judge the whole state on it lol
lol You can never judge a state by its tourist areas. If you go to Fanueil Hall in Boston you will assume that everyone in MA is an asian wearing binoculars and travelling by bus :roflmao:

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
I just did that trip last week. It's not a bad ride just gets boring.

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
I've done Camp Lejeune, NC to Bangor, Maine a few times for a weekend just to see the wife. Like Bevi said it gets incredibly boring. Virginia Cops are douchè bags and prepare your rear end for the tolls. Holy. Shit. You pay like a $9 toll then a mile and a half down the highway your paying another large toll, I believe that was NY. Good Luck!

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
The wife is in her glory creating a 14 hour playlist for the ride. I keep laughing because I know she will sleep half the time.
My wife did the same thing!!!
I've done Camp Lejeune, NC to Bangor, Maine a few times for a weekend just to see the wife. Like Bevi said it gets incredibly boring. Virginia Cops are douchè bags and prepare your rear end for the tolls. Holy. Shit. You pay like a $9 toll then a mile and a half down the highway your paying another large toll, I believe that was NY. Good Luck!

It's deffinatly ny the tolls suck.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
A halfway point for you would be Rocky mt. NC or Roanoke Rapids NC. Halfway to DC that is. Really good hotels in both towns right off I-95. If I was passing through myself I would probably hit the Hilton Garden Inn just south of Roanoke Rapids. Its only a few years old and very nice.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The Reef is a nice hotel, my buddy owns it plus, they have a couple other reefs that get more expensive per night. Might want to check those out...

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
do yourself a favor and d/l the waze app, it tells ya where all the smokies are as the speed limit is 70 in some spots and as low as 60 in others.

Get through DC before 6am and stick to the outer loop, i think 495?? I would leave earlier around 0330, get through the cross bx parking lot as early as possible. The hilton garden in alexandria va beds really suck btw.

Load up that ezpass, the cash lanes will add a ton of time. They now have debit cards that you can load up your ezpass with at most box stores.

Diesel is 1.00 cheaper in areas of virginia so fill up enough to get you down there, i saw 3.45 in richmond over the weekend.

Lambskins are prolly cheaper down there as well:thumb:

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont

Yeah I've dome the camp legeune to vt too many times. Pretty boring drive. Also done Orlando to Vt.. Not much more exciting and Arkansas to VT was about the same... Any time your driving straight through its boring. It's nice to find even a few small things on the way to break up the windshield time. Helps a lot.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
So I picked up the truck Friday night. Chris had driven it a few times over the course of the week to get the AC charged and the alignment done. Probably had 30 miles on the setup. I drove it home another 25 miles. Got ballsy. Woke up Saturday at 5am and drove it 900 miles to myrtle. Huge testament to Chris' work at Roderiques ATV. Also. Myrtle is beautiful. Can't wait to black out by 2pm and sleep on the beach lol

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
Go parasailing its a blast!!! We went to barefoot boardwalk and held tigers that was pretty neat also.