Rick Lance's Camaro has changed a bit

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Yes it is. Poalris = Garbage. I should have bought a can am. I impulse bought thinking of my daughters joy and mine watching her have said joy.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Sorry you feel that way. My family and friends almost all ride Polaris, only issue was my brothers 900xp that burnt up the voltage regulator. But that being said, none of us have a turbo model, just don't need that kind of power in the woods.

No way I'd drive a Maverick, they are HOT. And the Commander isn't the best for a trail rig IMO

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Sorry you feel that way. My family and friends almost all ride Polaris, only issue was my brothers 900xp that burnt up the voltage regulator. But that being said, none of us have a turbo model, just don't need that kind of power in the woods.

No way I'd drive a Maverick, they are HOT. And the Commander isn't the best for a trail rig IMO

It feels better to have you say that. This is my life :roflmao::roflmao:

I remember when i was 19 I had just got a good job and did not have auto insurance in cali. I got pulled over 1/2 a block from my work. I remember like it was yesterday. All I needed was to get paid Friday and Id have insurance. I explained my situation to the cop. His exact words Ill never ever forget. "Nice guys take it in the ass" and handed me the ticket to sign. That ticked cost me almost 2 grand. :thumb: I was making 9.00 an hour :rolleyes:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You do what you can, when you can. Nothing wrong with that. You're doing exceptional work already.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Looks like fun. That tow set up is mandatory forward right? Only reason I say that is I tried backing flat bed four wheeled cotton trailer once and it didn't go well :banghead:.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Looks like fun. That tow set up is mandatory forward right? Only reason I say that is I tried backing flat bed four wheeled cotton trailer once and it didn't go well :banghead:.

LOL I have a buddy could back that shit in his sleep. Doubles can be back if not to short and your G O O D
I backed it up at the filling station. Wife wasent on the ball didnt go well. needless to say I have a dented bumper and new toy trailer

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Doubles ain’t horrible it’s just like backing a 4 wheel grain cart with a steer axle. Very small steering corrections and to start a turn while backing you actually steer the opposite as you would normally at first. To kick the tong over on the rear trailer and get it going the right way.

Triples now those will have you beating your head against a wall if you have to make a turn.

Same old thing here at work watching my guys play in the dirt. Got another job down the road that I’m watching after so I’m spread a little thin. Especially since we don’t have a GPS dozer on this job and I’m having to lay all the grades out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
OOh I weighed that shit and it was a few nuggets shy of 23k that lil burb hauls the beans :thumb: Gotta get my twin motor done and in. hits some 1400 and up pretty fast. I cant make over 26 psi boost on the insight. I hear a boost leak but for the life of me I can not find it. Ive smoked it bought a boost leak pressure test kit and searched the exhaust . screeches under tip in then calms down and goes away until I back out and tip in again from cruise. :confused:

Last edited:

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
HAHA look its my house :mad:. Came stupid close to my house. We are ok living at the shop in the camp trailer till it blows over. Everyone is safe and not a house lost yet :thumb: My house is mid left ish area

Attachments

• 41924147_10216931751835569_961307598894661632_n.jpg
    41924147_10216931751835569_961307598894661632_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Air.jpg
    Air.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
HAHA look its my house :mad:. Came stupid close to my house. We are ok living at the shop in the camp trailer till it blows over. Everyone is safe and not a house lost yet :thumb: My house is mid left ish area

Dang be safe! Don’t push the Camaro out into the fire :D

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Been a while since Ive had the time to make any progress. Ive been trapped on other project cars for customers on my weekends. Dont know why this thread dissapeared but. Anyways Im hoping to start up again in the next month or so. I wanted the car done by march for my 50th. I dont think its going to happen by myself on weekends alone. I will start re-posting progress as it comes.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Ok here we go again.

Update: car has been sitting in a corner for a long time. Took a while to pay the loan off (still not) . After a few things going on in life Im gonna see if I can finish this mess up =). Hers where we are today. And We have a new addition to the family. The other two girls are resting in dogie heaven w the rott's (Sophie) brother Jack. Meet Sadie =)

Attachments

• Lrear qtr.jpg
    Lrear qtr.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Looking back trunk fit.jpg
    Looking back trunk fit.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Up in it.jpg
    Up in it.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Sadie.jpg
    Sadie.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 101

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
She’s pretty. I am the biggest sucker when it comes to rotts. That’s my boy Magnus with my lab Daphne in the pic. Hope nothing but life and good health for your new girl. Car is looking good too

Attachments

• 79E54FA1-C399-418D-9DC3-FB9B6488F1F0.jpg
    79E54FA1-C399-418D-9DC3-FB9B6488F1F0.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 48

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
No pics for this weekend. just looks the same as the mock up of the trunk floor frame rails ect. I got the floor pan area sand blasted and epoxy coated where the frame rails go. I got them and trunk fitted into place and frame rails to floor pan welded in. Hoping to get back on it again soon. Next weekend Im sure I go camping =)

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
Just saw this. Excellent work and dedication. Are you a member at team Camaro with a build thread? I don't remember seeing one there as I am also a member there with a 67.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Just saw this. Excellent work and dedication. Are you a member at team Camaro with a build thread? I don't remember seeing one there as I am also a member there with a 67.

I am a Member. Those build threads are just out of control. takes months to find info. to many attaboys to be of much use.