Removing wiring

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
I have been removing components from under the hood and I was just wondering if anyone knew where certain things are wired too. Mostly looking into all the egr related plugs, WIF sensor, maybe the AC plugs also. Which are wired into the motor harnesses, and which go straight to the fuse box?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The engine harness is separate from the other harnesses. It connects to the truck side at the two bale connectors on the driver's side of the engine. In order to remove the wires, you would have to unwrap the plastic conduit and tape, which would allow you to remove that wire and then you could remove the pins from the connector.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Yes, I understand to that. I am wondering what goes to those two bale connectors that I could remove and then what all goes around them before I start cutting all the protection off. Does everything having to do with the motor go to those two points except the glow plugs, grounds, and the battery cables across the lower front of the motor?

Last edited:

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Glow plugs go to the two connectors

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just To the module? And then the bigger wires to the plugs themselves are separate correct? From what I've read there's still no easy way to get rid of the module itself without rigging a resistor?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Just To the module? And then the bigger wires to the plugs themselves are separate correct? From what I've read there's still no easy way to get rid of the module itself without rigging a resistor?
The 8 individual glow plug wires with the eyelet per glow plug are what I was referring to. I can't remember where the wires for gpcm originate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk