LMM: Removing Lift Diff Mount

owntheroad

Apr 14, 2014
Hey guys,

Removing the lift from my 2010 LMM. It is a BDS 7" lift. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what they did to replace the ear that was cut off of the crossmember to make room for the diff drop. I know Cognito makes a replacement mount for what was shaved off the diff, but I am in need of the crossmember ear as well.

If anyone has one that their willing to part with or if they know how to properly mount the diff without it id be happy to hear about what ideas you guys might have. Thanks!

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Its pretty straight forward. Go to the junk yard and take a sawzall with you. Use a longer blade like a 7-10" blade. The excess blade past the crossmember you can let ride against the other end of the bracket you cut off. It will use it as a guide. Then you bolt to to your truck and weld it in. When you look at it- it will make sense

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I removed my lift with the cognito brace and just fabed my own crossmeber
I’ll get a pic in the morning but honestly if you don’t have a bunch of metal at your disposal it’s probably best to do the junkyard hunt or sell the lift and buy the persons they cut off:thumb:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Can you weld?? I didn’t do my own fab work. I had a guy who has done countless solid axle conversions and 4WD conversions do the welding because there is a lot of measuring. I would hate to do all that welding and work and not be able to get it 100% aligned. That’s what the moment of truth is really is the alignment coming from my fabricator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Its pretty straight forward. Go to the junk yard and take a sawzall with you. Use a longer blade like a 7-10" blade. The excess blade past the crossmember you can let ride against the other end of the bracket you cut off. It will use it as a guide. Then you bolt to to your truck and weld it in. When you look at it- it will make sense

What he said....I traded my lift off to a member on here and that’s what he did. I think he cut a little too much off his own truck but on my end that wasn’t a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk