Remote mount turbo setups

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
Hey guys like to see some pics of your remote mount setups, been burning down jdplowboy with questions. If you guys have any pics and who built it I would appreciate it! Looking to do something different, thanks guys!

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
This is mine that I built out off 2-1/4" stainless steel tube and 2-1/4" HSP billet manifolds reversed.

image_zpspbocl1kd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpscxol2hd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpszpkgwqwt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
9601b4cdfdf05b4a67f1b1405e57a9cf.jpg

Lol no worries with the questions. Here's the setup I ran in 2012. EPR's one and only kit he made I believe

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
I really like this kit Jason, is that a bigger intake in the valley? I really like how it fills the open space in the valley! What would a kit like that cost?

That one is using the new wagler cast street intake in the valley. Works great with remote mount or valley mounted chargers!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Does anyone know how many lbs per minute their kit is moving?

I have an Idea for a dual remote turbo set up, with each turbo being powered by one engine bank and the charge air collecting in an intercooler...

The turbo's I have in mind are actually smaller than stock, but flow about 20lbs a minute more than stock at the edge of their peak efficiency island

Together they would easily flow 100lbs a minute at/in their peak efficiency island of the pressure map, "I believe" they would have instant spool up too...individually I believe they're rated for up to 600 horse power? Not sure that matters in this application...

My goal with this set up is to pretty much have the "ultimate street truck" one that tows like a boss, has better throttle response than a Gasser yet still pulls and dominates like a turbo diesel.

My idea is to have two smaller turbo's that take less energy to make work, and would also generate less heat per Lb of boost made...ie, effeciency

My power goal is still the same 750whp that I believe is all that the street is (in)sanely good for

Originally I had this idea using a banks style intake, but the new cast wagler intake would work well too, although its just slightly less aestheticly dramatic ;)

The turbo(s)I am looking at is a gtx3582r

Thoughts?

Last edited:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
you are talking about true twins vs compounds. you will run into issues with the driver side downpipe routing if you put it on that side. I know a few people have started similar projects but I don't know of any that were finished.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk