Recommend a good shop in South Carolina (Columbia Area)

mplecha

May 13, 2012
South Carolina
Hi, folks. My truck is leaking quite a bit of oil. I'm not quite sure where it's coming from, but it's coming down the passenger side of the bell housing. Anyway, I don't think this is something I want to tackle myself, so I'd like some recommendations for a reputable shop/mechanic to do the repair. The truck is a 2004 LLY 4x4. Thanks for any tips!

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Your not to far from me! Honestly in the SC region there are really no "good shops" or atleast shops I would trust without killing you on price. Your closer then I am but Phil at Georgia Diesel is who I go through for everything and is awesome at what he does! If your interested give him a call at 706-356-2174 and tell him Troy sent you and he will hook you up right :thumb:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Has the turbo been off recently? It sounds like you have a drain gasket leaking from the turbo....Good luck with finding a shop.

mplecha

May 13, 2012
South Carolina
I'm not sure if the turbo has ever been off. I bought the truck last summer and only put about 8k miles on it since. I'm going to have a look and see if I can't find the source. Otherwise, I guess I'll be making a road trip. Thanks for the suggestions!

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I'm not sure if the turbo has ever been off. I bought the truck last summer and only put about 8k miles on it since. I'm going to have a look and see if I can't find the source. Otherwise, I guess I'll be making a road trip. Thanks for the suggestions!

No problem man and good luck! If you have any more questions or anything just give me a shout via PM!

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Your a 3 hour drive and 200 miles from Sam at Southern Style Diesel Performance. (336) 260-5735. He is the only one who touches my truck besides me now. He is all about customer service.

mplecha

May 13, 2012
South Carolina
After some investigating, I found the source of the oil to be the turbo. Looks like its the drain after all. I think I'm going to tackle this one myself.