Rebuilding your own injector?

michiganmax

first dirtymax
Mar 29, 2014
Traverse City
So I need to put new injectors in my 01 2500HD ex/sb. I have been looking into rebuilding my own. It doesn't look like it would be to bad, just careful and time consuming.

My next question is if I have Bosch injectors, does Bosch sell nozzles, or does it not matter who makes the nozzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
So I need to put new injectors in my 01 2500HD ex/sb. I have been looking into rebuilding my own. It doesn't look like it would be to bad, just careful and time consuming.

My next question is if I have Bosch injectors, does Bosch sell nozzles, or does it not matter who makes the nozzle?

There's no rebuilding injectors. Guys swap nozzles all the time but that's not considered a rebuild.

Most lb7 injectors crack and leak from the housing. There's nothing you can do about that besides buying new reman injectors.

michiganmax

first dirtymax
Mar 29, 2014
Traverse City
If the injector is cracked, is that why I puts fuel into the oil? If it isn't doing that, would it be fine to replace the nozzle and reset the cup?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
If the injector is cracked, is that why I puts fuel into the oil? If it isn't doing that, would it be fine to replace the nozzle and reset the cup?

If the injector is cracked it will most definitely pump fuel into your oil. As above, you can't rebuild your own injectors. The nozzle isn't the only thing that needs to be replaced.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Your best bet is to put a set of OEM Bosch Reman injectors in. They are the best on the market as of today. Let us know if we can help.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
You cannot buy all the pieces needed to rebuild BOSCH common rail inejctors. BOSCH holds a patent on them, and ONLY sells to AUTHORISED shops who posess the neccesary tools to rebuild them to THERE specs. The nozzles are rarely the failure point. The return valve portion IS the failure portion, and most are lucky to get them apart without losing the check ball, let alone be able to service it. There is ALOT to going through these injectors, and it requires ALOT of money in equipment to be able to set them up and calibrate them even after they have been rebuilt.