LML Rebuild for LML help

Tango97ch

Hatley Truckin
Sep 11, 2013
Troy Oh
I have a 13 lml that I'm wanting to rebuild. I'm having a hard time locating parts (Pistons, rods, etc). Does anyone have any tips or advice on this rebuild??? It has roughly 270k on the motor with h/s delete and 5" exhaust. ANY help is very much appreciated.....

Tango97ch

Hatley Truckin
Sep 11, 2013
Troy Oh
I'm wanting to probably going to go back to stock maybe a very mild build. We just use it to haul campers across country. Although a little more hp would be nice....

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
If your just doing a stock rebuild, I think you would be better off buying a complete low mileage drop in motor.:thumb:

Tango97ch

Hatley Truckin
Sep 11, 2013
Troy Oh
Yea forgot to mention the bad news!!!! Dropped a cylinder I'm assuming I have blow by that looks like a train coming from oil fill and pushing oil out blow by. Haven't pulled it yet to see what we are working with. But with the mileage on it if we go that far figure why not do the overhaul....

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah buyin a reman or low mileage short block and swapping everything else would probably be your best bet.

Tango97ch

Hatley Truckin
Sep 11, 2013
Troy Oh
I agree but it seems that I haven't been able to find one under $6500. I Figured I could get it rebuilt cheaper??? Just assuming anyway....

Tango97ch

Hatley Truckin
Sep 11, 2013
Troy Oh
Thanks dura sent him a message on that short block. I'm really hoping I can get this beast back on the road before to much longer....

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks dura sent him a message on that short block. I'm really hoping I can get this beast back on the road before to much longer....

Call or Text Travis (Bluecoller) about that short block 563-379-8551. He said he got a new phone and can't remember his login to reply.

Dirtbag

Sep 4, 2013
I recently had to replace my motor too. I ended up getting a GM longblock.. Hard to find a low mileage used motor and the cost to rebuild was nearly the same price as the longblock. Plus the GM longblock has a 3 yr warranty.