Rear Suspension stops in a rush...?

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
So I'm pulling my truck tomorrow and I'm wondering if there are any tricks to make some makeshift suspension stops for the rear on my LLY? I didn't get to making a set or buying a set so any ideas guys? Just something to work for one pull till I make legit ones?

05 Chevy LLY
-Extended cab short bed 4x4
-Sinister EGR delete kit
-S&B turbo mouth piece
-Sinister intake tube
-AEM CAI
-PVC reroute
-4inch straight pipe
-Edge CTS juice with attitude plus hot tuning
-PPE race plug and ported FR fitting
-33's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1pieceatatime

Mar 30, 2014
Schuyler NY
Go buy some steel and spend a couple hours making them. An adjustable set is pretty easy to build. Or I've seen guys zip tie some blocks of wood to the pads that bump stops rest on. That usually doesn't last many hooks.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
All you need to make a adjustable set is some 2 inch flat steel 1/4 or 3/8 , some 2 inch pipe or square tube, some 1 inch nuts and 2 1 inch bolts in the the length you need and a welder, grinder and a drill.

Cut the 2 inch flat bar as long as you can it attaches to the frame were the factory on did . Drill 2 holes in it that match the frame holes.

Measure the distance between frame and rear and cut your 2 inch tube make sure to leave 2-3 inches for adjustment with you bolt. Then weld your one inch nut to the 2 inch tube. Then weld your tube to the flat bar.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I used a flat piece of steel, torch. and a 2x2. took about 20 mins. cost nothing with all the scrap laying around:thumb:

Technically your old ones were 4x4 square tubing and flat plate.. But hey they worked great for being thrown together. ;)

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ok thanks guys I'm gonna fab something up here soon before my next pull. I pulled 286 not bad for what's done to my truck as of now. Thanks for the detailed post that helps a lot!

05 Chevy LLY
-Extended cab short bed 4x4
-Sinister EGR delete kit
-S&B turbo mouth piece
-Sinister intake tube
-AEM CAI
-PVC reroute
-4inch straight pipe
-Edge CTS juice with attitude plus hot tuning
-PPE race plug and ported FR fitting
-33's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk