rcsb 99 1500 w/a cummins

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well now that i have pretty much everything i need to get this going i can start a thread on it. i know it's not a dmax but an oil burner none the less.

i started with a rcsb 2wd 99 1500. the truck was hit in the front and the frame was tweaked. so, i bought nick's (gmracer) old frame. it is already body dropped and ready to go. i will be swapping everything from the crashed truck over to the new frame.

it'll have f9000s in the back and re7s in the front. std parallel 4 link w/ a panhard out back. i also have a tank out of a toyota that i'm going to try to use but i'll probably just wind up making a fuel cell once it comes down to it.

But, while i have everything apart i might as well put the 6bt cummins i have in. the motor is a 91 and only has 110k miles on it. it's an auto 4sp w/ overdrive. i'm not going to go nuts right away on the engine b/c i don't have the money to put a rear in it right now. i will be putting on a 60mm turbo, 3200 rpm gsk and tweaking the pump a bit. i will also be doing a shift kit and converter as well. with that set up i should be good for somewhere around 350hp and 700lbft. i'm going to try and keep the a/c as well as put in electric fans and an intercooler.

the truck will be set up for 17s or 18s on a 31" tire. i'm going to try and use the factory harness and cluster, providing it's not a nightmare. worse comes to worse i have another cluster i can put some auto meter gauges in.

i'm hoping to be able to drive this truck everyday and get around 25-30mpg out of it.

DSC_1901.jpg

DSC_1897.jpg

DSC_3350.jpg

DSC_3335.jpg

DSC_3360.jpg

DSC_3312.jpg

DSC_3316.jpg

DSC_3320.jpg

DSC_3324.jpg

x
DSC_3340-1.jpg

DSC_3353.jpg

DSC_3361.jpg

and the motor

IMG_0906-2.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture026.jpg

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well hell, i figured if i was everything apart anyway, now would be the best time to do it. the motor is actually a 4.8 v8, so unless i find anther diesel for my international, this will be going in there.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
well hell, i figured if i was everything apart anyway, now would be the best time to do it. the motor is actually a 4.8 v8, so unless i find anther diesel for my international, this will be going in there.

I thought when you first bought it you said it was a 4.3? Either way it was just a matter of time before yourstarted cuttin and weldin

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
ha yea that's what i thought too. but it was night and i just saw 4. on the rad support lol. rubbed off some dirt and got an extra 2 cylinders and 75hp :D

hey gotta stay busy right:angel:

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa

If you decide to get rid of the motor, let me know. I have a friend that might be interested in it.

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
if you need any cummins parts let me know, i'm always parting out a few trucks/ motors and have a ton of parts around

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
If you decide to get rid of the motor, let me know. I have a friend that might be interested in it.

hmm, well everything is for sale. did he want the harness and all?

if you need any cummins parts let me know, i'm always parting out a few trucks/ motors and have a ton of parts around

well i was kinda looking for a p-pump conversion. the pump, lines, front cover and pump gear.

beer can in the intake..... niiiiiiiiiice. :D

looks like fun. keep posting pics

yea kinda like beer can chicken... but with a turkey.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
IMO I would leave the VE pump on it and just upgrade to the 14cm housing. There is nothing like an old school pump making over 450hp or more. But your project is gonna be sweet no matter what you do to the motor.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
yea i know. unless i find an awesome deal on a P pump the VE will stay. we actually have a 230hp VE pump here at work i was thinking about getting a deal on.

i'm going to run the HE351 60mm charger, that has a 9cm housing on it. my buddy is a VE genius so he's going to help me tune it up real nice.:D

i'm going to paint the frame tomorrow then hopefully get the front suspension under it sunday. then if i can get a few extra hands pull the cab as well.