Random white smoke

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Okay so not too long ago probably 4 monthes ago i had to put headgaskets in my 04 lly duramax and i had it studded and a sinster egr delete kit done as well i also now have longhorn fab shop tunes in the winter i keep it plugged in and this week we have had very cold temps in the negative and single digets. But now if i get into the throttle it white smoked also my truck runs at 190 all the time it used to run 210 before headgaskets . Another question is im getting around 10-12 mpg i used to get 17 what could be the prob fan clutch ? Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Okay so not too long ago probably 4 monthes ago i had to put headgaskets in my 04 lly duramax and i had it studded and a sinster egr delete kit done as well i also now have longhorn fab shop tunes in the winter i keep it plugged in and this week we have had very cold temps in the negative and single digets. But now if i get into the throttle it white smoked also my truck runs at 190 all the time it used to run 210 before headgaskets . Another question is im getting around 10-12 mpg i used to get 17 what could be the prob fan clutch ? Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ny4ypy2a.jpg
9a2ytyzy.jpg

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Ys that

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Shelbyville in the truck came from attica in

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Whats the big prob with his tunes because he offers a smoke tune if i mean danville used to offer a smoke tune but the epa stopped them

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
I'd put some tunes on from someone more reputable like ssdieseltuning or Kory Willis. Danville. Theres a bunch of awesome guys on here. Longhorn is def not on that list...

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
Winter fuel drops your mpg by quite a bit. Your probably idling your truck more as well with the colder temps out. Also the lower operating temperatures are because it's ****ing cold outside... diesels are cold blooded and when the temps are sub zero out it sucks the heat out of them quickly. do you have a winter cover on it?

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
No i dont but even this summer after headgaskets it ran 190 ...

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
The white smoke is just vapor from the exhaust ( like gas motors have water vapor out the exhaust when cold). Mileage is most likely due to winter fuel or bad tuning. Do yourself a BIG favor and change your tuning.

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Is anyone running that nicktane cat filter adapter i wonder if that could be part of my mpg prob

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
Is anyone running that nicktane cat filter adapter i wonder if that could be part of my mpg prob

I use one along with a airdog and I see around 23 mpg on some occasions but average 17-19

04 Lb7 cc/SB new guy to the forum