Ranch hand bumper and hitch

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I have a ranch hand replacement bumper on the rear and the step for the bumper sticks out really far. So my question is can I mount a class 5 hitch to the bumper so I don't have to get a 12 inch Long draw bar. I have the factor hitch right now but the draw bar I use has to be long as hell for the ball to clear the step so It bends and is scary. Anyone have any clues?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
How do you plan to mount a class V hitch to the bumper? I would either put a stock bumper back on or modify the step on the Ranch Hand so a hitch could be mounted the way it was designed. The other option would be to build a new hitch. Pictures would probably help too.

greywarden

May 3, 2011
I'll take some tomorrow.

How do you plan to mount a class V hitch to the bumper? I would either put a stock bumper back on or modify the step on the Ranch Hand so a hitch could be mounted the way it was designed. The other option would be to build a new hitch. Pictures would probably help too.

BUMP for the pictures dude! ive been waiting for weeks for your project to finish. i wanna see how it goes. how did you mount it to your bumper. from how i visualize it i think that's a big pain in the arse.lol pictures dude! pictures!

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Sorry been working crazy hours. I didn't do it I was wondering if there was a way to do it. In the factory hitch position it sets really far behind the bumper so it's a stretch which is why I asked.

TERTLE

Tertle
Aug 16, 2011
Dayton, texas
I have a ranch hand replacement rear bumper and I cut a slit in it long enough to clear the angled support on the class V hitch. Turns out I ended up have to turn the hitch upside down so now I have a cutout on my bumper.