R&R rods pictures

cntry125

Gearhead
Sep 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Does anyone have any pictures of R&R rods from before they were installed? I supposedly found a set Semi-local and just want to make sure that everything is on the up and up. Thanks

cntry125

Gearhead
Sep 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Thats actually the same pictures i received. I just wanted to make sure they were legit not coming from a trusted vendor.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
$1700 isn't a terrible price. What's the skinny on them? Junk or what?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

LtEng5

Mar 24, 2013
CT
was hoping they would be less than Carrillo's. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! per Wagler site $2,650 for a set. Was hoping for a mid-range rod, better than stock, just not full competition. Carrillo's are of a H-beam design and can take a SHIT LOAD of power. These are of the I-beam design, which leads me to think that the power rating would be/is less. and for not that much less than a set of Carrillo's.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
was hoping they would be less than Carrillo's. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! per Wagler site $2,650 for a set. Was hoping for a mid-range rod, better than stock, just not full competition. Carrillo's are of a H-beam design and can take a SHIT LOAD of power. These are of the I-beam design, which leads me to think that the power rating would be/is less. and for not that much less than a set of Carrillo's.

False. Howard rods are i beam and are just as good if not better then Cariyllos.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Wagler bought the R&R steel rod division and moved all the machine and some of the workers over to his location in Odon, IN.

Wagler only uses these rods in all his builds. Some of witch have dyno'ed close to 2000HP. I'm running these rods in my new engine that should dyno around 1700Hp maybe more :lildevil:

I've seen what goes into making these rod and saw how precise they are. They are worth every penny.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
I have had R&R in my truck since 2011. Almost 80k miles on them. I am now putting them in my lly. They will handle 1000hp all day long.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
R&R Duramax rods are just as good, if not better then anything else available today.

Carillo rods are not what they once were either.... They are now made overseas and if your planning on making big power you need to make sure you get the ones that have the better bolts.....

I'm not trying to say there is anything necessarily wrong with the carillo rod. But they certainly aren't superior to the R&R rod.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Brian Crower or Manley is what you are looking for then....

R&R Duramax rods are just as good, if not better then anything else available today.

Carillo rods are not what they once were either.... They are now made overseas and if your planning on making big power you need to make sure you get the ones that have the better bolts.....

I'm not trying to say there is anything necessarily wrong with the carillo rod. But they certainly aren't superior to the R&R rod.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Remember the recent Chinese rods that look sort of like Carillos? If you are correct, could they be from the same place?

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
Wagler bought the R&R steel rod division and moved all the machine and some of the workers over to his location in Odon, IN.

Wagler only uses these rods in all his builds. Some of witch have dyno'ed close to 2000HP. I'm running these rods in my new engine that should dyno around 1700Hp maybe more :lildevil:

I've seen what goes into making these rod and saw how precise they are. They are worth every penny.

X2

I was ordering some stuff from wagler the other day for my build and the gentleman i talked too said they have run them in 1900+ hp builds so i thought they would be plenty of rod for my lil 900 horse build. Jeeez 1000 hp used to sound like alot but its not these days. lol .And on another note the guys at wagler are absoutley GREAT to deal with. They didnt mind talking to me about cam grinds for a while on the phone and what would fit my needs best for spray/no spray ported vs non ported heads. They are top notch!!