Quick question

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
My buddies duramax dpf clogged up on him the other day it's a lmm. He couldn't afford to get a proper kit for it so we rednecked it. I had a minimax tuner I bought second hand awhile ago but never used because I went with efi. So we slapped that on there and chopped the exhaust off right before the cat. So question is what can happen if he runs it like that? He is ordering a full exhaust and kit in a couple weeks. For now I just told him probably don't tow with it. It runs great and sounds pretty good for having but 3 maybe 4 feet of exhaust off the turbo lol. Also another question is there is two pressure sensors one before dpf and one after. We took them off but there is still the two rubber hoses where they were connected to should those be plugged off? Any help would be awesome!!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
He will be dumping a lot of heat right at the transmission. I would at least get a piece of pipe and join the two together

Also, leave the sensors connected to the harness so you don't get any ghost codes . You can cap the hoses