Questions about stock lb7 turbo and piping and upgrading

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
What is the advantage of getting a bigger down pipe other than lower EGT's? Is it worth it to put a horn also a batowheel on my stock turbo. Right now I'm and topped out on air in my biggest tune I know I need more. Should I get these parts for my turbo or should I just go ahead and do a swap or a secondary turbo to the side?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
just go ahead and add a turbo lol. The time and effort it takes to change the wheel and remove the demon of a stock downpipe is not worth it at all, to me.

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Ok thanks. What I know the air horn gives you alittle more air and a lot more noise is it really worth it. Or would it be better to just wait. Also should I add a 366 or add a secondary turbo IYO?

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Ah. Thanks for that info. So basically just more noise then. Did you just change your FPR on your pumps to work with your motor?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Ok thanks. What I know the air horn gives you alittle more air and a lot more noise is it really worth it. Or would it be better to just wait. Also should I add a 366 or add a secondary turbo IYO?
15hp for $100 is a good bang for the buck
& dont refer to adding another turbo as a secondary, secondary is the smaller turbo in compounds

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Awesome I know it was off subject but I had to ask. I have one 42% over lb7 in my truck. But before i bought it I was going to go with a Lbz but too many people said it was hard to tune out the surge so I just went back with a regular lb7 one. I do have an extra stock one I just need a duel fueled kit to install in on the truck aswell

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
The d/p i did i would not honestly recommend doing. Did not see the big benefit like people say you get with it. My truck does sound different than my buddies with the same exhaust but that about it. I did the Wetzel wheel and will say that its a good upgrade but still trying to convince myself it was worth the money and time.

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
I guess I'll start with the horn then go from their.
Come on now we own diesels. Do we really have the extra money? Because when we do we do something completely different to it. Haha