Question regarding removing #2 injector - LLY

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
To remove the #2 injector on a LLY, do you need to drain the coolant and then remove whatever pipe is above the injector or will it come out without removing this pipe?

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
thanks. I have replaced a couple already, so I know they are fairly long and it didn't appear that it would come out with that pipe there.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have changed them without touching that coolant pipe.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Just disconnect the hose from the radiator, unbolt the three bolts that secure the coolant pipe down, and rotate the pipe up, still keeping it attached to the thermostat housing.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just disconnect the hose from the radiator, unbolt the three bolts that secure the coolant pipe down, and rotate the pipe up, still keeping it attached to the thermostat housing.

You don't have to touch that pipe at all or disconnect anything from the radiator. Just use a wrench to get that injector line loose from the top of the injector and a crow foot to get the line loose from the rail then pivot the line around and out from under the upper coolant pipe. Once that is out of the way, there is tons of room to get the injector out. You may have to pop it up a little to get the hold down off then rotate it so the fuel line connector is on the bottom to get it to clear to come out. I'm sure you can figure it out.