Question on starting hard

Just Pin It!!

May 23, 2011
Northern NY
Ok I have an '02 LB7 and it starts fine when its cold but when its hot it cranks for quite a bit before firing. Someone told me its a module of some sort to do with the glow plugs but didn't tell me which one, does any one know?

Thanks in advance, Scott

Just Pin It!!

May 23, 2011
Northern NY
Guess I have to ask the dumb question, how do you tell if you have fuel in your oil? Looks like reg oil on the dipstick, or should I drain it and look at all of it? I have an Quadzilla programmer and it shows rates on the injectors I think, what is a high return rate on the injectors? (number wise)

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I do not think the quadzilla's will show return rates, only injector balance rates.

Pull the dipsticks and smell it for diesel, or wipe some on a paper towell.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I concur check return rate and do a wick test which is pull the dipstick and allow a drip to land on a white paper towel and see if it fans out. Not very scientific but it works. Diesel dilutes the oil and causes it to absorb and fan out.

Hopefully it's not that but you have to check it out.

Just Pin It!!

May 23, 2011
Northern NY
Ok I will check it on break and let you guys know... If there is fuel in the oil than what? How bad is it the fix?
Just looked up on quadzillapower.com and the tuner shows Fuel Des XXXXPsi and Fuel Act XXXXPsi?? what ever that is? and what the injectors PW XX.XMS??

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Thats no help what the tuner said you need a Tech II or equivalent to check return rate. If you have fuel in the oil then you have a leak. Could be injectors. Have they ever been changed?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Return rates cannot be checked with any type of scan tool. Only balance rates can be checked with a scan tool.

Just Pin It!!

May 23, 2011
Northern NY
Ok guys... what gives... I just changed my fuel filter since I got my oil changed and asked them to look at the oil to see if there was any fuel in it. They said if there was there wasn't much. But tonight I changed my fuel filter and took the truck for a drive and warmed up the truck pretty good, running it kind of hard. I came back to the drive way and shut the truck off and tried to start it again and it started right up. I let it set alittle bit and it still started right up. I'm confused now...LOL... Guess I will try to find someone to check my injectors anyway to see if they are bad.