LBZ: Question about C2 frictions and steels

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Fixing to button this thing back up, I have a question about C2 frictions and steels.

According to the instructions, I will have one steel leftover. Before I button this thing up, i need input as to if I am reading this wrong or not.

Gmax6r

uploadfromtaptalk1436067306340.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436067306340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436067306340.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 69

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Interesting. I always end up with the .067 left over and come out in spec.

Also, if you put the bellhousing front down on a bench, you can slide the input shaft through the back of it to hold it while you work on the rotating assembly.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Lol, my wife is helping me and she's having a fit over all the grammatical errors! She's a bit of a grammar nazi!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Reading anything that has bad grammar/spelling is a painful experience.
I appreciate Suncoast's plain language about fast learn. If you cannot understand that, then god help you.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I should have wrote, "If a person cannot...." and "them" instead of, "If you cannot" and "you". That made it personal instead of general. My Apologies.
See what bad grammar gets me? :roflmao:

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
On part says start with a friction against the plate then a friction, steel, friction, steel, ect lol.

Don't get me wrong my grammar is horrible but because of my job I'm used to working to very detailed work steps, instructions and procedures out of a work package. Something as critical as building a trans I was reading and rereading every step and it made it painful. Lol. But they are intended for someone who knows what's going on not some jack leg like myself.

I finished last night, I have to get a spanner socket to remove the output shaft then I'll be finished with the trans. Putting a rub kit in the transfer case then finish cleaning the case and paint.

RHallenbeck

Aug 21, 2014
Beaumont, Texas
Those instructions look almost like those that are translated into English from another language.. Sometimes they have you doing something and then a page later it says "Before installing do this..." after the previous page had you install it...LOL

Rick

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom after that comment I don't want you writing me trans building instructions. You lost me lol

Doesn't happen often, but I do have my occasional brain farts.

I know jack-schidt about the internal workings of the Alli. Its one section of this site I rarely participate in....and now you know why. :rofl:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
You better redo the tranny Kevin to make sure you did it right in the first place!!:thumb:
BM are only suppose to weld, rig, and fit up steel!!:roflmao:

As we were talking on the phone, PPE instructions were pretty fag and hard to follow!!

Yellowchevy

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
You better redo the tranny Kevin to make sure you did it right in the first place!!:thumb:
BM are only suppose to weld, rig, and fit up steel!!

As we were talking on the phone, PPE instructions were pretty fag and hard to follow!!

Yellowchevy

Yeah you know us boilermakers are hard headed and stubborn too lol. Funny you mention the ppe instructions because I had then both while doing the trans. The ppe were more clear and we'll written with better diagrams and exploded views. The Suncoast were more direct and to the point. I cross referenced and used the process of elimination. Threads like this probably make Mike L and Evan cringe. Only took about 12 hours start to finish and that is with prep and cleaning the trans, making a braket to fit it on the engine stand and 2 hours of fighting the input shaft c clip and trying to install the c3 retainer clip with the backing plate up side down.............. it was 3am though lol. Also all the stator hydo upgrades and vb mods. I could probably shave a few hours off if I have to do it again :)