Info: Quad Turbo Update

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Very nice. Great work! :thumb:

But I do have a stupid question. So is it not necessary to keep the air balanced between the left side and right side of the engine?

Still learning so please forgive me. :hug:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT

But I do have a stupid question. So is it not necessary to keep the air balanced between the left side and right side of the engine?

what do you mean? :confused:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
the gt42's feed the gt30s

passenger bank...................... drivers bank
42->30 -------->intake<-------30<-42

Last edited:

Smokin LB7

Jul 25, 2008
what do you mean? :confused:

Its basically running as 2 four cylinders now connected to one crank. Equal amounts of air need in order to keep from any issues coming up with the individual banks of the motor.

I think thats what wastegates would be used for

Team Overkill

<---Where my money goes
Oct 15, 2009
Illinois/Nebraska
Original plans were for drag racing and show truck.....I am shooting for 1500 hp and hoping to run 9's and I might throw a few sleds at it depending upon how the drag racing goes.

Hell, 1500hp will get you well into the 8's.;) Prolly even 7s. This must be the new NASA project thats taking guys to mars.:D

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
parallel turbo setups have been used by banks alot with no issues. as long as they cylinders are all fueling equally there should be no difference in air volume delivered if the system was engineered correctly.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
balancing air

No that is a good question. I built a twin inlet twin outlet intercooler for this setup so the air will combine and equalize there before its forced into the intake manifolds....the heart of this build relies on the air from both 42's combining anyways!

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
In the pics it looks like the left bank and right bank is not connected (this may or may not be correct) so I was wondering if there had to be some balance between them. So I think dmaxfireman answered my question "as long as the cylinders are all fueling equally there should be no difference in air volume delivered if the system was engineered correctly."

I'm definitely not saying what FORBIDN is doing is right or wrong. I just wanted to understand it better for myself.

FORBIDN - Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing some video when you get it completed.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
No that is a good question. I built a twin inlet twin outlet intercooler for this setup so the air will combine and equalize there before its forced into the intake manifolds....the heart of this build relies on the air from both 42's combining anyways!

This makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
gotdesl.......this may help you visualize it better

twin inlet twin outlet cooler! i cant add anymore pictures I maxed out my attachments.

Attachments

• Picture 131.jpg
    Picture 131.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Picture 127.jpg
    Picture 127.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 194

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
That is one trick intercooler, nice work.

Keep it up.

Cant wait to see and hear that truck run.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Hooo Leee Crap! That is a very impressive setup!! I'm definitely interested to hear how it runs and the power it is pushing.