Pulling the over load and spring clamps

LLYDMAX13

Feb 5, 2016
Hey i was thinking about pulling my over load and was wondering if i do, can i still clamp my springs and get good results because currently i clamp my springs to the over load and if i remove it will the clamps even help? i am happy with the way my truck launches right now i just want to lower it a bit more, and maybe get a little better ride, but i don't want to do it if it will make my launch suck. thanks

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I clamped the front of my spring pack and I feel it helped but it's not going to make any huge noticeable difference.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Depends on your reason for removing the overload. I removed mine to get as low as I could and I already did hangers and shackles. If I wasn't going for the low low then I would leave it.

LLYDMAX13

Feb 5, 2016
Mainly was going to remove for a better ride. But also to get the 1in of lowering. Have a 2in shackle

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Hard for me to say if the ride was better, I changed so many things all at once, I added shackles and hangers and shocks and then pulled it once I realized I needed that extra inch lower. But it wouldn't hurt to try it out. Word of advise, get new leaf spring center pins before you start the job. Mine were nasty looking and I'm a completely rust free area.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
just thinking aloud here a little, but wouldn't you need some long bars or caltracs to keep the pinion from dribbling like a basketball on and off the throttle if you just pull leaves and do nothing else?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You Can get axle wrap even with the overload in place and no clamps. Removing it won't help the issue and being that the op has driven around with the clamps on the overload, he's most likely going to notice a good bit of wrap on hard accel