Pulling Carnage?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I've got a basically stock truck.

EFI Live, Lift Pump (on order), Suncoast IV/1056, are my mods.

When pulling, is it common to break at my power level? Things like driveshafts?

Pulling coming up in October and I don't want to embarrass myself.

I've pulled once with just a tune, and I didn't break, but I only pulled 250ft.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i have never broken anything and i am close to your power level runnin 35's
Spring clamps front and back work very well

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Suspension blocks for the rear maybe. Just strap the front and you're fine.

Here's my most recent pull. EFI, lift pump, rear blocks and spring clamps. Front strapped, no braces, stock centerlink, not even tie rod sleeves.;)

[YOUTUBE]aHPR3acneZI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Definitely need braces and spring clamps. On a hard pulling track my truck eats drive shafts like candy but with your power level I wouldn't be worried at all.

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
You can throw some weight on your passenger floor or backseat if you dont or cant run a weight bracket out front. I use sandbags on my passenger floor (cant find tractor weights cheap enough). Should help the front end a bit.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
We've got trucks that have pulled for years at 500hp with no braces. Save your money.

Without strapping the front?? my buddy just pulled with just a 100hp LBZ tune, sleeves and T-bars down, and his front end looked horrible it honestly made me cringe watching. Extremely hard pulling track though

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
We've got trucks that have pulled for years at 500hp with no braces. Save your money.

wonder if this is just luck? With my banks(maybe 420hp to rear?) on and pulling exhibition(less weight?), t bars all the way down and my front wheels turned in couple times...

Now you saying with straps you dont need braces?
just learnin:book:
phil

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Now you saying with straps you dont need braces?

Exactly. If this is not a truck that will be pulled often, you can get away with strapping the front and nothing else.

Nothing against braces. I know a lot of people use them and have great luck. Just saying for a guy looking to hook a few times like this, save a few bucks and just strap it.;)

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Exactly. If this is not a truck that will be pulled often, you can get away with strapping the front and nothing else.

Nothing against braces. I know a lot of people use them and have great luck. Just saying for a guy looking to hook a few times like this, save a few bucks and just strap it.;)

I agree up to a certain point. But, he happens to drag race also:driving:

We had to replace the pitman and idler arms(?sp) on Blue between drag racing and sled pulling:baby:

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I do race some. I don't know if I'll do the braces before the pull or not. But it will be on my list of things to do as I don't see myself slacking off on racing. :D