Proper gear?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Well gotta a big pull today did some test runs yesterday. Now my question is third is the highest gear we want our truck to get to when pullin right if i hit fourth or what i think is fourth it turds out then shifts down. i lwas gonna raise the fourth shift mph in my tune what does everyone think????

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
i realize that i just want to make sure it dont go to fourth my 95 chevy would shift auto after the redline whether in drive or first or whatever it would not hold a gear so is everyone using third? the problem i see with this shifting to nuetral at end of pull to avoid turbo bark it is diff to go third to nuetral and not hit reverse what does everyone else do?

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
the tranny wont shift on its own when its on the redline it will stay in 3rd no matter what but the neutral thing is a little tricky in the beginning just practice throwing it in neutral from 3rd while in a parking lot or something this really helps alot. you want to throw it in neutral when the flag man throws the red flag. now reverse is easy dont worry about it :D the allison is so smart that it wont engage if you stil have wheel movement. good luck and let us know how it goes

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
sounds good so third is the way to go then? second is not high enough is it just wanted to make sure.