Programing

marine

Jarhead
Apr 5, 2016
massachuesetts
new to duramax diesel and have heard that when you replace the injectors the flow rate needs to be programed. I have a 2002 2500hd with LB7 injectors I'm getting some white/gray smoke at idle smells like fuel
truck runs awesome and I get no smoke down the road. had some one tell me it needed injectors. truck has 188.000 miles so I figured hay its possible.so I checked the flow rates they are all over the place up as high as 8.43 this being my 1st duramax Im looking for information and advice

turbotech

Apr 5, 2016
It sounds like you need a set of injectors. They are common for that issue. GM started programming flow rates into their ECM's on the LBZ engine in 2006. You won't need to program flow rate. Just replace.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
GM says balance rates should be no more than +/-4 in park/neutral or +/-6 in gear.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I would ONLY stick with a set of OEM Bosch when it comes to injectors. You get what you pay for when it comes to injectors.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
↑↑↑ These are the only guys anyone on here would recommend, they have the best deals and only use OEM Bosch stuff.

And the lb7 doesn't have to have flow rates programmed.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
X100 go to Brent at LDS. Don't try to save a couple hundred bucks because you'll just end up doing it again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

marine

Jarhead
Apr 5, 2016
massachuesetts
got a new issue replaced cp3 and all injectors had no issues until a few weeks ago
was at highway speed cruising then just went into derate no cel checked for codes
had code p1093c fuel pressure out of range changed fuel filter and rail pressure sensor
cleared code ran down road its a little sluggish and I can hear engine surge at highway speed idles great always starts with out hesitation