Private track day Fontana Friday 03/04

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Got this e-mail.. I think I'm going to take Spooky out :woott:

Hello Everyone,

It has been a few years since our last private track rental at Auto Club Dragway, and several have been asking when is our next private rental. We were able to get a hold of the new track manager, and we were able to schedule our first private rental for 2011. It will be on a Friday, March 4th.

Although we have done it before, we don't know if there will be enough people interested to go on a week day. Unfortunately, it is no longer economical to rent the track on a weekend due to a significant increase in rental cost. We remember that it was pretty difficult to meet the minimum (80 cars) the last time we organized a private rental, so to make it little easier, we lowered the minimum. In order for the event not to be canceled, we need a minimum of 50 participants. This will cause the fee per driver/vehicle to slightly increase as well, but we will limit the maximum cars to no more than 70 (used to be 100 cars max). The cost per driver/vehicle is now $130 (used to be $115). Also, in order to limit admin cost, we have to implement a no refund policy, but you still have the option to re-assign your spot to a friend or relative. If the event is canceled due to a forecast of rain, track issues, or if the minimum number of participants wasn't met, we will issue a refund.

Registration is now open (www.alternativemotoring.com), we need to meet the minimum no later than February 24th. Otherwise, the event will be canceled.

Sincerely,
Alternative Motoring
www.alternativemotoring.com

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Do they do any track prep for something like this? That is absolutely the worst track that I have ever raced on. A back country gravel road has better traction than that place.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Do they do any track prep for something like this? That is absolutely the worst track that I have ever raced on. A back country gravel road has better traction than that place.

You've obviously never raced LACR. If it hadn't closed down, they were going to have the Ice-Drag World Finals there.:D

Seriously Cal Speedway on private days is usually pretty good.

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
Two PPE trucks spotted in Rancho Cucamonga. . .

Last weekend (sat I recall) spotted two PPE trucks around Victoria Gardens area in Rancho, specifically around Red Robin.

White crew cab, stock wheels, but a custom turn-up exhaust and sounded pretty healthy.

White regular cab, cage coming through the cab into the bed, single stack through the bed as well. Looked like a serious rig.

Was in my wifes car and you guys were making laps around the parking lot so didn't get a change to stop by and say hi.