Preliminary stroker dyno numbers

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That might be difficult. To have all things the same except for the crank. IDK Would be great to know.

The only questionable or difficult (gray area) IMO would be the heads. Duel fuelers,similar turbos and injectors , built lower end but stock bore/stroke.

Rough guesstimate similar in nature. I don't believe anyone out there has base line numbers then added a Stroker kit.

I understand there are MANY variables.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Ok who lifted his ban on DP :rofl:

Hmm... after seeing that video, I'm believe I should up the boost.

After Bonneville that is.

As far as whether the Stroker gained HP:

Our previous best dyno was 816rwhp with twins, two Wicked Diesel pumps, and 60psi boost. Peak HP was 4400'ish.

Now on the same dyno, we hit 915, with 50psi, using stock pumps, with the peak at 3800.

It's very hard to isolate the gain amount, but in my experience with these trucks, I'm pretty confident much of that gain was the increased displacement. When we tune it for maximum sea level power with 75psi, I'm thinking we will see about 200-250 more ponies.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Projected 1100+rwhp turned up all the way on #2 only?!?!?!? :eek: Gracious day!!

Were these the same inj. as any previous runs or completely new to this build?

C-ya

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Projected 1100+rwhp turned up all the way on #2 only?!?!?!? :eek: Gracious day!!

Were these the same inj. as any previous runs or completely new to this build?

C-ya

IIRC we had the Dynamite Diesel 10% injectors on the last dyno.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Awesome Numbers! Do you guys monitor drive pressure? Mine was through the roof behind the 42 without a gate, the compressor wheel had touched the cover a few times, im guessing because of high drive. Were in the process of gating the 42 now.

Once again Congrats!:D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Awesome Numbers! Do you guys monitor drive pressure? Mine was through the roof behind the 42 without a gate, the compressor wheel had touched the cover a few times, im guessing because of high drive. Were in the process of gating the 42 now.

Once again Congrats!:D

No, he didn't get it hooked up in time. It's on the "To Do" list for Bonneville.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I have 2 100lbs drive gauges and the one for the 42 wrapped back around and bent the taddle tale :eek: Id say it was 130+

Is the charger still OK? If it failed it would drive the drive pressure up from what I have been told.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Still has no play, and the shaft is not bent, it just hit the compressor housing a couple times and put some marks in it. Were polishing the cover and putting the charger back on