LBZ: PPE Standard and a P2610 DTC

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
I'm going to bump this. I know it's a really old thread but I'm having this issue. My 06 LBZ popped this code 11-30-15 when I started the truck. The batteries had drained a few times causing a no start and we're disconnected a few times. Also a note somewhere in my thinking I decided I could fire the truck with one battery instead of both. Could this be my culprit and how can I go abouts getting this figured out and resolved

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did you follow the TSB directions posted in this thread?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
As far as flash back to stock? Or disconnect batteries and then unhook ecm. No I haven't yet. Not doing it when the wind is blowing 30 and dark outside. Plan on it this weekend

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
What don't understand is they say turn ignition off for 90 sec. Well it should be off if im going to disconnect the ecm don't you have to unhook the batteries? Guess I feel it's a little vague with the wording.

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I've had some now that will keep setting the 2610 until it is reflashed with TIS directly. Some though have cleared and stayed off after disconnecting the ecm for 90 seconds and clearing the codes as stated in the TSB. Flashing a fresh TIS file with efi live hasn't always worked so I just assume it isn't worth trying.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
What is TIS? I haven't tried unhooking the ecm yet. But I plan on disconnecting batteries, unhooking ecm for 90 sec, reconnect ecm, reconnect batteries, clear code and start truck

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
The TSB says nothing about disconnecting the battery because it is an unnecessary step. The lbz ecm is easy to get to. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to complete.
The TSB seems vague because it is written for techs.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I thought you were supposed to disconnect power before disconnecting the ecm. I guess as long as I can disconnect the ecm without disconnecting the batteries I will. I was just using caution as I can't afford an ecm right now so didn't want to ruin it.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
The TSB says nothing about disconnecting the battery because it is an unnecessary step. The lbz ecm is easy to get to. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to complete.
The TSB seems vague because it is written for techs.
Hey just wanted to say thanks for bringing up the fact I didn't need to disconnect batteries. I just shut the truck off used a timer on phone for 90 sec disconnected the ecm terminals, 90 sec again, reconnected the terminals and turned ignition to on and cleared the code with my autocal. Started the truck and shut off 3 times and checked for codes with autocal and nothing pops up.

Appreciate the info from this thread and from Dan, Tim and bmc1025