LBZ: Please help!!!

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Ok so I got a lot of water in my fuel the other day and drained the tank and changed the filter. But b4 that was driving home and it was runnin like shit (200miles). Not the truck is runnin like shit, rough idle and has now power but rolls black smoke. Like its in to high a gear but it's not. Please help need to get this fixed.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Have your injectors checked, turbo checked, compression checked, pressure regulator checked....possibly tq converter
Heavy black smoke usually indicates alot of unburnt fuel, id go down the list in the above order.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
How much water? did you drain the fiter again? If it was a lot you might have to change it agian, and pull the codes

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Prolly 3-5 gal of water and I changed it but honk I still have some shitty fuel in the lines.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
wow that is some shitty fuel, I would take the line off after the filter, flush it with clean fuel, put a new filter on and flush it some more

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Seriously, that's some bad fuel! Hope you kept the receipt, so any repairs go on their dime.

I agree, flush it a bit more, in case the water separator is still filling up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Have your injectors checked, turbo checked, compression checked, pressure regulator checked....possibly tq converter
Heavy black smoke usually indicates alot of unburnt fuel, id go down the list in the above order.

So exactly how does water in your fuel effect your torque converter and turbo?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Wow, this guy... it doesnt
Op said he was experiencing issues "B4" the h20 in the fuel issue
Just throwin ideas out there as to why he may be experiencing the black smoke he posted about.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I still fail to see how it could be the TC....OP make sure you got all the water out, then flush some more. Then put a new filter on. then pull the codes. Do you have a boost gage? Is it running fine at idle but only smokes? or is a surging idle?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
If it were not multiplying tq adequately, would the transmission not act as though it were in a higher gear, like starting from a stop with a manual in third?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Ive got a set, they just got cleaned and tested, i have not decided what to do next, the injectors have 132k have had an air dog for 14k, and the shop said they had probably 50+ left in them. I dont even know where to start for a price, the injectors i want are like 4k....maybe some members can give us an idea of whats fair?

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Truck still running shitty. Shutters in overdrive like ur running over speed bumps and runs like a big block that's loading up??? Checked the usual for signs of bad injectors like Fidel in oil and white smoke idling and nothing everything seems good. Any ideas???

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
You probably still have some water in your fuel. Are you getting any codes? Draw a sample of fuel in a glass container and let it sit and see if there is any water in it.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
No codes changed the fuel filter and got a lil better. But still not right. And I'll check that