Please help…lml with compound turbos and tuning issues

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Ok so here goes…so I bought a 2015 lml that has a sdp compound turbo set up full delete and a fass lift pump. it came with an auto agent ezlynk tuner. The previous owner gave his log in credentials to the dealership so they could hand over the vehicle to me in the app so I had the tunes. The problem is that when we transferred the vehicle in the app none of the ecu profiles transferred and since the vehicle transferred when we try to log back in with previous owners info it won’t let them access the vehicle since I accepted the transfer.
So now what? Can someone point me in the direction of a technician that can design tune programs for me? Any other ideas or suggestions? Before you say it I know I know. I feel foolish for not doing my research. I didn’t know it’d be an issue to get tunes for a delete. So lay it on me, what are my options? Thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
tuners are becoming rare due to the EPA coming after them hard. you'll be hard pressed to find one here on the open forums. times are changing and the era of commercial tuners are on the way out.

good luck in your search

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Maybe ask the previous owner who tuned it and reach out to that company and ask them nicely them reload the profiles.

Or look to other countries outside the USA, not many doing tuning these days.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Anybody know anyone in Mexico, the actual country, that does diesel tuning?
If there was they would have jumped over the border by now....lol

Seriously though I'm pretty close to the border and know lots of people from Mexico. Never heard of one person doing tuning down there, and I don't know why. I can get about anything else made in Mexico boots, belt buckles, clothing, and etc

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
If there was they would have jumped over the border by now....lol

Seriously though I'm pretty close to the border and know lots of people from Mexico. Never heard of one person doing tuning down there, and I don't know why. I can get about anything else made in Mexico boots, belt buckles, clothing, and etc
Yeah I have some pretty good connections, family and friends, down there but not a single tuner. Someone has to be doing it lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There are small rural diesel shops still tuning, I see their "ads" on Craigslist from time to time.....but the question becomes, "do they know what they're doing?"

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
tuners are becoming rare due to the EPA coming after them hard. you'll be hard pressed to find one here on the open forums. times are changing and the era of commercial tuners are on the way out.

good luck in your search
Maybe ask the previous owner who tuned it and reach out to that company and ask them nicely them reload the profiles.

Or look to other countries outside the USA, not many doing tuning these days.
How would a guy go about finding someone abroad that can help?

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
There are small rural diesel shops still tuning, I see their "ads" on Craigslist from time to time.....but the question becomes, "do they know what they're doing?"
Right. The truck runs pretty damn good as is…I’d just like to get a little more power when pulling and I know that there’s room for better mpg on the highway with an economy tune. That being said I’m hesitant to mess with it and end up losing the current tune cause like I said it runs good where it’s at. I’d hate to have someone take it on and not be able to get back to where it was. That being said can you point me in the direction of someone that would be willing to try and tune for me?

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That being said can you point me in the direction of someone that would be willing to try and tune for me?
Im sorry, no. None of the people I used to know tune anymore. You will have to start looking yourself.

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Look to Canada.
Right. It runs pretty good where it’s currently tuned. I need to be able to at least get back to current settings if I mess with it. Makes me nervous to say the least…I don’t know what to do…

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dont mess with it, or take the time to learn EFI Live and tune it yourself. Will take a long while to learn, but those are your only options.

Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Read and read some more. Download and browse the program. Then read a bunch more. Use the search feature of this site or Google to search for table names and read up on what they do. Then purchase equipment and read the instructions. Then obtain your stock tune and make the small changes that you read about. Then upload it to the truck. Test it out. Make another small change, upload it and see how it reacts.

After a few hundred modifications and uploads, logging and testing you might have a decent running truck.

Tuning is no joke and only a few get good at it. That's why it was sad to see the few pushing the envelope pull out. Much of what they learned may be lost forever and have to be "rediscovered" by others such as yourself if you stick to it long enough. Having compound turbos will make it a bit harder to dial in so you are already climbing uphill

Oh, and don't forget to read a lot before making any changes. And then read a bit more

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Read and read some more. Download and browse the program. Then read a bunch more. Use the search feature of this site or Google to search for table names and read up on what they do. Then purchase equipment and read the instructions. Then obtain your stock tune and make the small changes that you read about. Then upload it to the truck. Test it out. Make another small change, upload it and see how it reacts.

After a few hundred modifications and uploads, logging and testing you might have a decent running truck.

Tuning is no joke and only a few get good at it. That's why it was sad to see the few pushing the envelope pull out. Much of what they learned may be lost forever and have to be "rediscovered" by others such as yourself if you stick to it long enough. Having compound turbos will make it a bit harder to dial in so you are already climbing uphill

Oh, and don't forget to read a lot before making any changes. And then read a bit more
Ok so I found a 5 position selector switch that was behind the door pan trim down low and on the left under The dash. It’s still wired someone just took the nut off and tucked it in there? The little I know makes me think the truck had an efi set up maybe before the ezlynk? Does that help me in my endeavors?

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Ok so I found a 5 position selector switch that was behind the door pan trim down low and on the left under The dash. It’s still wired someone just took the nut off and tucked it in there? The little I know makes me think the truck had an efi set up maybe before the ezlynk? Does that help me in my endeavors?
I might add I’m too scared to see if it does anything