Piston options

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I've been out of the Duramax performance scene for a couple years after I got rid of my race truck. Anyways I'm working on a Lmm for a good customer of mine. It's one that has a built motor with .030 over coated mahle performance pistons with valve reliefs. Well the kid that was driving the truck prior to my customer buying it drove the hell out of it and cracked number 8 piston. After inspecting the other 7 cylinders all the other pistons are starting to crack in the exact same places. My question is what is everybody running now for a street truck running dual fuelers and 60 over injectors and twins or large single? Did anyone ever come out with a monotherm? He doesn't want full forged. Thanks for any help.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I agree,
picture.php
picture.php

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Good to see you back on here Josh. I miss you stirring up Sh*t:D
For sure Fingers oval bore pistons. None have cracked yet and they have had some big power put to them, I'm guessing Bretts C-10 is north of 1500 on the big tune...

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
Good to see you back on here Josh. I miss you stirring up Sh*t:D
For sure Fingers oval bore pistons. None have cracked yet and they have had some big power put to them, I'm guessing Bretts C-10 is north of 1500 on the big tune...

Lmao! I don't get on many forums anymore. I drive a 6.7 ford now :poop:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I don't run mine turned up, tune 1 is abt 700hp and has a lack of traction. not much here can run with it, It's a street toy. this is my second build, had another brand crack three of them. For the price and results others had I could not see running them.

Yeah none of that matters to me anymore. Lol I've had a fast Duramax before and don't really miss it honestly.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Fingers all the way. Mark at Danville has absolutely abused these pistons and still haven't failed. For the price difference I don't any reason to buy anything else at this time for a street truck IMO

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Unfortunately, the Duramax monotherm piston is no longer under development. So, yep you can forget about it.

I'm glad to know that I guess I'll keep hoping that maybe they'll reinstate development of the duramax monotherms otherwise looks like I'm gonna be running stock for a very long time oh well no build for me any time soon

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Fingers all the way. Mark at Danville has absolutely abused these pistons and still haven't failed. For the price difference I don't any reason to buy anything else at this time for a street truck IMO

Or race truck, Brett pretty much proved forged is a waste of time