LML Passenger side up pipe removal

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm working on swapping my stock up pipe for a non-emission LB7 up pipe on my 2011 LML. Downpipe is out already. Got all 3 of the up pipe bolts off at the manifold, and 2 of the 3 at the turbo. The 3rd one is behind the coolant pipe that goes from the EGR cooler (I think) to the trans bellhousing adapter on the back of the engine. Any tips to getting this one? There's not enough room to get a socket wrench on it. I can get a box end wrench on it but then there's not enough room to actually turn it. Does the coolant pipe need to come out? How have you guys done it?

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Try a flex head ratcheting wrench?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Tried that too, can't get it in there. I think I'm going to have to pull the coolant tube. I have to drain some coolant anyway to hook up the EGR delete hoses, so I guess it there's not much reason not to.

brokesmoke

Pick a lane...
Dec 13, 2012
Charleston, SC
Just as any FYI for in the future- I've done this 100X and it works great for leverage.

If you can get a wrench on the bolt/nut you're removing but you have no leverage then just put a small strap over the end of the wrench to get it loose. I have a small 4' lifting strap with loops on both ends i use.

Here's an example picture of how i did it to get my FPRV out. I pulled down on it through the fender well and it was a breeze. I've used it on up pipes by laying under the truck and pulling down on them to break them loose and it's a breeze. It really works great.