Pa members

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I will be up in the renisoville Pa area december 4th - the 9th to do a little deer hunting anything going on threw these weeks up there. Also any pointers on whats the best jacket to take last year i took a POS camo jacket and had to by 20 more while i was up there. Well i miss placed all my jackets so what jacket will keep you the warmest.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
I have no idea where that is...and neither did Google. What is the correct spelling of the town's name....
I haven't hunted in a few years, but I had a huge thinsulate Orange Camo Jacket (still do) that was very,very warm. However, it was almost too hot when walking. If you're going to sit all day, I'd still dress in layers (will keep you warmer than one huge coat) and you can peel off a shirt or two if you're walking and start to get warm.
Good luck

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Its a little jerk town nothing big. Here are all the surrouding towns Altoona, Bedford, Bellefonte, Clarion, Clearfield, Erie, Huntingdon, Johnstown, Meadville, Oil City, Punxsutawney

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Dude, that is a huge geographical area covered by all those towns. (about a 1/3 of the state) I went to College in Clarion, I lived in Altoona for a while, and travel Huntingdon, Johnstown, Bellefonte, and Clearfield regularly for work. Still don't know what town you talking about. Several of those towns are far enough apart where they have some pretty different type of winter weather. Especially Erie and the northern towns, as once you get above I80, things change.
Fingers, Caleb lives in Norvelt, which ironically, isn't near any of those towns he listed. More towards the Mount Pleasant area, southwest of the territory listed.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Yeah im in Norvelt, right between mount pleasant and latrobe and greensburg! i know where all those other places are but like ted said, that coveres a pile of ground!!!

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I thought the same thing as I was making my mental map reading those towns. It's sort of the western 1/3 of the state centered around 80, and then Erie?....It must be in the Allegheny National Forest somewhere....

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Well, Punxsutawney is where the ground hog sees his shadow, except for when he doesn't see his shadow....:rolleyes:

So, I am going to take a guess you are headed for Reynoldsville, which is just south of DuBois.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Well, Punxsutawney is where the ground hog sees his shadow, except for when he doesn't see his shadow....:rolleyes:

So, I am going to take a guess you are headed for Reynoldsville, which is just south of DuBois.

Reynoldsville I knew someone knew how to spell it. boy i was way off spelling:rofl:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Thought Caleb was further north. My Bad.

Can't say I know anyone from up that way then..... Good 3hr run for me.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I know where that is i was just up there working last week at a few farms! My grandparents live in brookville which is just a few miles west of there!