Allison 5sp: P0848 & p0875

tgebes

Livin' the Dream
Aug 23, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
Received these two codes the last two mornings.

P0848 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit High
P0875 - Powertrain

Started the truck, let it idle for a minute or two, backed out of the driveway put in drive, and proceeded up the hill. At ~100 feet it went into neutral with these two codes present.

Cleared the codes and is running fine now.

Any help would be appreciated I am about 1,500 miles from home...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Try letting warm up longer before you put it in gear. Also check your fluid level as it might be low.

tgebes

Livin' the Dream
Aug 23, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
I let it warm up good for the rest of the week and weekend with no issues. Drove it around 1500 miles with no issues.

No water on the roads with nice weather 50 degrees ish. I did wash it last week however.

Do I just need to cool my jets and let it warm up or an indicator of something else?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I let it warm up good for the rest of the week and weekend with no issues. Drove it around 1500 miles with no issues.

No water on the roads with nice weather 50 degrees ish. I did wash it last week however.

Do I just need to cool my jets and let it warm up or an indicator of something else?

You have leaky sealing rings from the factory. Problem was solved when Crafty1 re disigned the rings and fixed the problem. You can go 5000K with this problem and not worry. Just let it warm up and fill the converter.

DigTx

Nov 21, 2019
San Antonio area
Hey Fellas…. I have a small transmission leak and the light came on so I added fluid to my HD2500 ‘04 year model truck (2 quarts). Now my truck went into Limp Mode.
I ask Auto Zone to pull the codes for me and they got a P0875 code (transmission, fluid pressure sensor/switch D circuit).
In Bidens economy and being on Soc Sec I need to replace this if I can.
Problem is I’m not much of a mechanic and can only do it if it’s on the outside of the trans.
So, i’m asking advice about whether I should attempt this or not.
I can get the truck up on ramps and if it’s where I can reach it I’m confident I could remove it and replace it unless it’s a booger (from y’all experience). I’m OD’d at the bank so I’d have to park it for a while until I could save the money to replace it at a shop. What do you all think?
Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Hey Fellas…. I have a small transmission leak and the light came on so I added fluid to my HD2500 ‘04 year model truck (2 quarts). Now my truck went into Limp Mode.
I ask Auto Zone to pull the codes for me and they got a P0875 code (transmission, fluid pressure sensor/switch D circuit).
In Bidens economy and being on Soc Sec I need to replace this if I can.
Problem is I’m not much of a mechanic and can only do it if it’s on the outside of the trans.
So, i’m asking advice about whether I should attempt this or not.
I can get the truck up on ramps and if it’s where I can reach it I’m confident I could remove it and replace it unless it’s a booger (from y’all experience). I’m OD’d at the bank so I’d have to park it for a while until I could save the money to replace it at a shop. What do you all think?
Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is your transmission fluid leak? What year truck?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
As mentioned above, try letting it warm up a bit longer to fill the convertor.

Based on the description of P0875 in the thread below, it appears you would have to pull the pan to work on diagnosing it.